Am I cheating?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Tip_Top_Prince

Mar 21, 2001
Visit site
Recently, I've been kicked off the two main servers I play on, with a message that I'm using aimbot.

One of the servers recently installed CSHPf4.

AFAIK, the other server is unchanged.

Is it possible for a server to "give" me aimbot? I know I never downloaded it myself, and i'd like to think I'd do better if I had it! :)

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Kokensu

Fire in Ma Belly!
Jan 4, 2000
Shut yo mouth!
Visit site
My friend was kicked off for some kind of illegal alias he was using. CSHP 4 tho is usually pretty good at telling you WHY you were kicked off. If it says you're using an aimbot you either

1. Are using an aimbot
2. probably have some other client side mutator that it thinks is an aimbot. I'd remove mutators 1 by 1 until you get in.

Tip_Top_Prince

Mar 21, 2001
Visit site
more info

OK - some more info.

I CAN get in, sometimes even complete an entire game. It only kicks me out SOMETIMES.

Also, as a noobie :) I don't know how to remove mods. oops!

Sir PotLuck=UTK=

Jan 10, 2001
Visit site
One of our members runs a UT server. Last night we decided to do a little 1vs1, I joined and he got kicked from his own server! :D He restarted UT and all was fine. He was running CSHP4f at the time I believe. And no, there was nothing illegal on his comp.

OshadowO

Irregular
Feb 10, 2000
CA
Well in your system folder there is a file called setup.exe
Open that up and you can see a list of everything installed. If you have anything other then UT and the bonus packs that's probably it.
I currently have tally ho, Weapons Factory and Old Skool installed in UT...old skool if enabled gets me a warning from CSHP and once got me kicked.

Nemephosis

Earning my Infrequent Flier miles
Aug 10, 2000
Well that's one way to keep aimbots out of the online community. Do it by screwing the online community.

IMO CSHP has gone far enough. This is ridiculous. Bonus Pack maps are setting it off? I'm sorry but that is ridiculous. "Illegal alias?" What the hell is that? Jeez if you don't play UT right out of the box these days you can't play online. I'm expecting one time to see CSHP kick someone because their controls weren't the defaults. I know SiN is trying, but that's just stupid. Isn't it supposed to be getting better as it goes along?

Mrukk

Inhuman
May 10, 2000
Baltimore, MD
Yep CSHP v4f is as buggy as all hell. I know several people (including myself) who have been kicked off servers for an illegal aiming device when in fact our systems are as clean as a whistle. There are all sorts of things that can trigger v4f to kick you, including using the secondary fire on the redeemer so I hear :)

Kokensu

Fire in Ma Belly!
Jan 4, 2000
Shut yo mouth!
Visit site
Well then this may upset you more Nightmare. Apparently any demo recorded on a CSHP4 server will NOT play. I recorded a demo the other day and went to watch it and it just hung up. Found out that CSHP4 is the reason why.

However alot of these random kicks probably depend on the security setting that the admin has it set on. It may be more picky if it's set high. Dunno for sure.