The New OpenGL patch

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Moonknight

Mar 13, 2001
I just installed the latest OpenGL file from Unreal Tech.
WOW!!!

The colors were great, the movement is smooth. I was amazed at the difference.

However, now I am getting strange colors in the distance. It appears to be lighting FX. Is anyone else having this problem? Does anyone know of a way to fix it?

Morety

The Farterator
Feb 23, 2000
Toronto
www.legionoflions.com
In the cityintro flyby, I get fogging effects.

In single player mode, it rocks. I'm not sure which setting you could change in your .ini to effect that.

Are you using the compressed textures? (Man they look so good it's unreal.)

Moonknight

Mar 13, 2001
Man, I hate to sound like a newbie but I don't know if I'm using compressed textures or not.

How would I go about finding out if I am?

I can check it out, but it really seems like it has something to do with the lighting. For instance, these strange colors are very abundant around lights, torches, and that kind of thing.

BeerGun

consultant in beerology
Feb 2, 2000
Toronto area
Visit site
That new driver is sweet. I almost broke my neck the first time I saw a ripper blade come at my face, I wasn't scared of it before... now it terrifies me...

WiCkEdLiLD

Feb 20, 2001
Visit site
That driver does kick ass! I get an average of 72 fps in the cityintro now!!!!! :D

EDIT: It also fixed some color distortion probs I was having before! THANKS SO MUCH!

aruzinsky

Skilled
Jan 31, 2001
Visit site
For me, UseTNT=0 causes surfaces viewed at acute angles to be colored blue and UseTNT=1 eliminated the problem. I have no idea why.

ASMDstick

Mar 22, 2001
Visit site
Yeah , compressed textures look da bollox wiv new OpenGL , shame i can only look at them and not play 'coz of my shitty TNT2, is there anyway i can run OpenGL in more then 35fps???P450 , 128Mb. I should get a new card really. What's gonna be the best card up to $200 for Unreal2 new engine????

Moonknight

Mar 13, 2001
got it working

After many system crashes and hard reboots I got UT up and running with the openGL.

First, I had to uninstall UT.

Then, I removed every openGL driver I installed. I even removed the openGL drivers from my video card manuf.

When I was sure my system was openGL free, I re-intalled UT.

Then, I re-installed the UT openGL driver and made the mods to my UT ini file.

While holding my breath, I installed the openGL driver support from ATI. I'm really starting to not like ATI.

I launched UT. Still had some strange lighting problems.

I changed the ini file so that TNT=1. By default it is TNT=0. Now, keep in mind I have an ATI card. Why this worked I don't know, but it did.

Now openGL is running fine and everything looks beautiful. I'm was so happy.

I started UT up and tried to log into the planetunreal channel.

For some reason, I can't get into the lobby. People in the lobby can see me, I just can't see them.

So, although the video problem was fixed, if anyone has any idea about the chat thing, I would be happy to hear it.

Thanks for all the help.