The Question of Aim Bots

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

BadVoodoo

Mar 16, 2000
i.am
Okay, I've been playing Unreal Tournament for quite awhile. Ever since it originally came out as I recall. I suppose I'm a UT veteran of sorts but there's something that's been bugging me lately while playing online. It seems at least every other time I play someone accuses me of using an "aim-bot," and then they proceed to yell something like "okay, that's bullsh*t" when I kill them. My score does usually go over 100 on a good day (311 on one REALLY good day I had recently) and that seems to make people suspect me even more. What the heck is an aim bot? How does it work? Just wondering, I've given up responding to their accusations but I thought it would be helpful to know exactly what they're accusing me of.........

ION_Ace

Assault player
Dec 26, 2000
Behind you
www.clan-ion.com
You should have done a search, there are enuf demos out there, some1 will post, basically it just snaps your aim to the nearest target, so all u gotta do is hold fire down or tap it down

Eviscerator|PuF

The Bungle in the Jungle
Mar 19, 2001
Visit site
An Aimbot is exactly what it sounds like. It aims for you, so all you have to do is fire. It is uselss with certain weapons though, like the RL, you can't lead, flak, etc.
CSHP is a server side prog that detects these and won't let you connect if you have one, but new ones come out all the time.
I wouldn't worry about getting accused of using it. Some people can't handle the fact that there may be people out there that are better than them. If i get accused of cheating, I take it as a compliment. Precisely because I don't. Just find some servers where the people are not such llama's eh. Or ignore them :D