PDA

View Full Version : No Nali In Unreal2!!!???!!! No!!! Whaa!! ( I know this isn't the correct forum)...

DRT-Maverick
19th Mar 2001, 08:34 PM
I know this isn't the right forum, but Unreal2 PU forum never gets looked at, and I know this goes to a different forum, but we NEED Nali in Unreal2, and this is the Legend Ent. Unreal2 forums... http://ina-community.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=93396 go here to post what you think, and what else you want them to keep in Unreal, if we can get enough people to care, they may keep some things that we enjoyed from Unreal1 !!! :D Thanks all you people!

Cheers!

hal
19th Mar 2001, 10:08 PM
You're right and you're wrong.

1) This isn't the right Forum
2) People DO read the U2 Forum. It has over 700 posts and the U2 website has only been up a week or so..

Good luck with your campaign, but I don't think Legend will really care. I mean why SHOULD it have everything that Unreal had? It's part 2. It's allowed to have different elements.

The Dopefish
19th Mar 2001, 10:12 PM
hal's got a point. They're allowed to do whatever the f00k they want with the game. For all you know there could be Nali in the game. If anything, the only elements I want to see in U2 that were in U1 or UT are a minigun, a shock rifle, a sniper rifle (a given, really :)), a flak shooter, and a rocket launcher.

hal
20th Mar 2001, 12:30 AM
Dopey, they've already said that the only returning alien creature is the Skaarj. As far as weapons:

minigun - closest confirmed is the Assault Rifle
a shock rifle - nothing known
a sniper rifle - a scoped rifle is confirmed
a flak shooter - nothing known
and a rocket launcher - oh yes.

Cyberian_2K
20th Mar 2001, 05:56 AM
A rocket launcher and sniper gun is an FPS staple. I used to think the shotgun was, but that only applies to id games.

I'm glad there are all-new creatures for U2. I hope to glimpses of the old here and there tho'

Leech
20th Mar 2001, 08:58 AM
Maybe under all that armour, you ARE a Nali.
;)

The Dopefish
20th Mar 2001, 10:00 AM
I didn't know they already said the only monster coming back are Skaarj...

Well, what does it matter anyway if there are Nali or not?

WiLD2
20th Mar 2001, 10:25 PM
Well, I am already seeing most of my "I'd like Unreal 2 to Have" visions coming true. It is following my idea that this game should not follow up on the previous episode. Like Final Fantasy I through VIII+, it does not continue where the other one left off. Sure, there are cameo appearances from some characters (in the form of names) and there are some of the same enemies (werewolves in FF's case, Skaarj in U2's case) but I don't believe that there HAS to be nalis in Unreal 2. I think it might be cool if there was a travel brochure laying on the ground that says "Vacation to Na Pali, home of peaceful natives and white beaches" type thing, but any more than that would spoil it. As a customer, I'd leave all the decision making up to Legend Entertainment, no matter how big a fan of the original Unreal you are ;) That's my own opinion.

Lodev
23rd Mar 2001, 12:54 PM
Of course there won't be Nali!

The Nali live only at ONE planet, and now you'll visit some other planets

The Skaarj can be there, because they can travel through space as well, but the Nali can't!

ravenus
23rd Mar 2001, 03:21 PM
D-uh

Mr_Lynyrd
25th Mar 2001, 11:23 AM
But their in-game function will be strictly limited to performing hot carls... I have this information from a very reliable source. Sort of.

Hellscrag
25th Mar 2001, 05:35 PM
Not those damned hot carls AGAIN

NeoNite
18th Apr 2001, 02:49 PM
1000th post for me! :)

Nali yes they were great. :) but unreal II will be a slightly different game i guess. Some new llamas maybe?

DRT-Maverick
21st Apr 2001, 12:00 PM
*Bump*

But I liked the Nali! Wha!!!!! /me cries in soup....

NeoNite
21st Apr 2001, 12:20 PM
well, maybe.. if the game gets released.. and there aren't any nali.. maybe someone will make nali? For dm purpose only? So you can dress up as a neo nali warrior? :)

I just know you like to beat up the nali maverick! :) don't deny it!
Stop messing with their cows.. nali cows are nice..
nali warcows however.. :)

ShockRifle
21st Apr 2001, 07:38 PM
I liked them, because they were funny, especially when the titan comes along and hits them with his arm and turned them into dinner.

Actually thats what I want in U2 - Titans.

My faviorite enemy of all time has to be the titans. The stupid, big, dumb things always put up a good fight, give me Titans!!!

NeoNite
22nd Apr 2001, 08:00 AM
If you like titans, get the monster madness mutator for unreal tournament :)

let's you dm against the original unreal monsters!
even some monsters from the official mission pack?
A warlord, an iceskaarj etc..
you can choose wether you want big monsters, medium or small fries :)
lotsa fun! see 2 titans boxing, see a titan jumping on other monsters their heads.. see a titan killing a skaarj queen.

get this mutator here:

http://planetunreal.com/modsquad/

and there was this guy who had an attachment level in his post, a level with 48 nalis and a redeemer :)
combine THIS level with monster madness and.. hehehe

NeoNite
22nd Apr 2001, 08:05 AM
=) monster madness is a mod, i always mix up mutators and mods.. dunno why. Just go to the mod section at the modsquad site. It has a 9.2 rating :)

WiLD2
22nd Apr 2001, 09:26 AM
I doubt that the 40+ nalis and the redeemer explosion was created with Monster Madness. If I wanted 40+ nalis I would have typed "admin summon unreali.nalipriest" 40 times. And that other guy wants Titans in Unreal 2 (which could be cool if you were watching holographic TV and a news report was showing some huge Titan smashing a village, but that's all for his appearance. In Unreal Tournament, if you want a titan, just type "admin summon unreali.titan" or maybe it was stonetitan.

And if you want some real mayhem with monsters I recommend you download "TallyHo! (http://www.planetunreal.com/modsquad/reviews/tally104.htm)". It's a great mutator that makes a sport out of hunting monsters.

***[EDIT]*** Understood (relating to the post after this one)

NeoNite
22nd Apr 2001, 09:46 AM
let me put a couple of things straight :)

wild obviously you've misunderstood me..
i never said unsing monster madness makes nali spawn all over the levels. It's just that i've found a level here on the forums (someone gave a link) and that level had 48 nalis.
So i COMBINED it with monster madness, just to enjoy myself :) damn those skaarj hate the nali..

ANd yes you can add titans that way, but monster madness makes it so much easier...
and i have tally ho.. :) yep, it's fun.

TaoPaiPai
25th Apr 2001, 06:35 PM
I don't want nalis,I'm fed up with nalis.

And if you want titans I suggest you maps with the UTDMT (UT deathmatch Titan) :try dm-titaniaII for example.

WiLD2
25th Apr 2001, 07:01 PM
/me waves his hand over his head... that's where everything else is going for everyone else.

We're talking about Unreal 2, Unreal Tournament and Unreal are not options right now ;) There will be no monsters from Unreal in Unreal 2 with the exception of the Skaarj.

TaoPaiPai
26th Apr 2001, 03:10 PM
You want to fight me?
You kung-fu is weak! :<

NeoNite
26th Apr 2001, 05:02 PM
well the skaarjwarrior was the most challenging unreal sp enemy right? OK the titans were dangerous, but slow.. :)
I consider Brutes as the unreal llamas.. piece of cake to kill. Skaarj on the other hand.. real skaarj...

I guess it's hard for some of us to miss out on some old stuff they really liked.. but.. unreal 2 should offer the player a new world, with only the skaarj as a hint to unreal... :)

MathZeus
27th Apr 2001, 07:32 AM
Well, I don't care much about the nalis as about female characters. I saw Aida, she 's good! I 'd like girls like her for opponents. There is no gratrest pleasure in UT than filling a fem with bullets with the mini or release a filled RL upon her and then watch the meats fly! wha!!!! That 's why I prefere UT to Q3. I don't like Lucy! Lord, I 'm sick!

NeoNite
27th Apr 2001, 12:18 PM
yeah you're pretty sick :)
ehm.. you do realise there are other Q3 women right?
hunter, mynx, daemia... conni :) :) :)

But yeah you're right on one thing, ut women are better looking.. especially the necris. mwuhahahahhaha!
aaaaand conni.
I love filling that warcow full with bullets!