more texture BS

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

J'nuh

Jan 22, 2000
freepages.ugo.com
ok, i posted on this a few days ago and i have the same problem again but theres some new probs.
some of my textures look totally low res...but they are textures i have seen in-game looking very detailed and nice. i am using textures included with UT btw.
wanderer-you said they might not have detail textures assigned, but these came with the game, and are used in the game, why would they come up as washed out? when i see them looking good in the game?
am i doing something totally wrong??

Jenkins

America's Greatest Kitten Mitten
Apr 24, 2000
Irving, Tx, USA
jljenkins.cjb.net
you could possibly have the option High Detail off. Change it to on. Damn, i forgot where its is located at.

In the editor, go to Options:preferences:Rendering. Find which Renderer you are using and find and set HighDetailTextures to true.

bullet2.gif

Jenkins

J'nuh

Jan 22, 2000
freepages.ugo.com
tried it, but didnt work...i rebuilt the level with the changes...nothing...
the textures im using are window textures from the slums.utx pack.
but theres some from the UTtech packs also...maybe theyre textures used only for stuff viewed from a distance?
i even went into the individual texture properties window and bumped it up to high detail, didnt work. oh yea, and they do have detail textures-checked that in properties also.
im stumped.

Wanderer

Jul 7, 2000
Among several reasons.

Texture detail for your game isn't set to high but is at medium or low.

Detail textures aren't enabled.

High gamma settings. This causes lots of washout.

J'nuh

Jan 22, 2000
freepages.ugo.com
finally got it working pretty good...
it was the gamma, i guess i tend to crank mine. this whole fiasco made me rethink the texture scheme of the level and i think it looks better despite probs. so i guess it was a good thing after all.
thanks alot for all the help jenkins and wanderer.