PDA

View Full Version : A question about Kira.

GrnRaptor
19th Mar 2001, 05:05 PM
I am confused, sort of. In Unreal, we come upon her finally, but I don't see any blood stains, but she isn't moving either. Yet in Unreal Tournament, the chick you fight in DM-Fractal is Kira, survivor of the ISV-Kran and 3 years on it's surface. So, she lived, right? Heck, someone even wrote a story about her and her struggle on Na Pali that was in the Unreal Center Fanfiction contest. I'm saying she lived, anyone else have any thoughts on this?

Hellscrag
19th Mar 2001, 06:07 PM
The Fractal survivor from the Kran was Luthienne

I know the author of the story you mentioned. Kira's survival was his chosen interpretation. She's probably, really, dead.

GrnRaptor
20th Mar 2001, 03:23 PM
Yeah, I just found that out again last night, oops. Still, I had hoped she'd lived, especially after reading that story, and that part in Bluff Eversmoking about the 'Avenging Angel' bit. Well, nuts then.

TPN
29th Jun 2004, 07:17 AM
She dies in the next one in that series...

Stigmata
29th Jun 2004, 09:37 AM
what are we talking about here? It sounds very interesting...

Sir_Brizz
29th Jun 2004, 09:45 AM
The girl in the top of the tower on that one map (NaliCastle?? I don't think so...) You basically hear her story all the way through if you read the Translator messages, and then end up finding her dead, which was disappointing in several ways. I guess in reality, you are supposed to play as a chick so it's no surprise (and that who you play as was ruined by the expansion pack...).

NeoNite
29th Jun 2004, 10:23 AM
Wow, another massive BUMP...

Anyway, kira is the girl you find in the belltower in Bluff eversmoking.

Winged Unicorn
29th Jun 2004, 11:10 AM
Kira... LoV... hmmmmm :D

Hellscrag
29th Jun 2004, 01:48 PM
The fan fiction series mentioned here can be found at the author's site (http://www.hellscrag.net/noailiat).

The story actually won the UnrealCenter contest, doncha know. :P

hyrulian
29th Jun 2004, 03:18 PM
ULTRA BUMP!
(Not quite enough to be called Monster...)

I never really noticed that thing about Kira.
Are there any other "characters" that have a kind of "story" across various maps?

JohnDoe641
29th Jun 2004, 04:07 PM
Kira... LoV... hmmmmm :D
Necrophilia? D:

Hellscrag
29th Jun 2004, 06:19 PM
Kira is the only character whose story transcends maps. Other characters have mini-stories within maps, like Kruun the Nali, who rescues Kira from the cell block.