can you help please

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

bad brads

Feb 19, 2001
wales
Visit site
i have just treid to connect to a server when my screen went blank i still have sound but no picture ive treid restating my computer with no change any ideas please

OshadowO

Irregular
Feb 10, 2000
CA
hmmm did you try hitting esc?
Increasing the brightness on your screen?
Just one server or do you get this on all servers you try?
Please also post your system specs....CPU/Mobo/Vid/Sound/Ram

OshadowO

Irregular
Feb 10, 2000
CA
OK I'm confused..everything else works ok??
I really need those system specs.
Do you get the loading down across the bottom of your screen or not even that?
If you get loading does it go to the connecting screen and then blank?

bad brads

Feb 19, 2001
wales
Visit site
all i get is when i click on the shortcut a small unreal picture comes up then a window opens while loading then a blank screen where i t usualy says preaching or something like that then nothing its still running i can hear the intro when i press esc i can hear it going to the options screen but still see nothing i dont think its got anything to do with the spec of my computer i have had it running good for 5-6 months it will let me go into safe mode but iam not sure what iam looking for or if anything needs changing in it

Pillsbury Flow Boy

The Stairway to Revvin'
Jan 22, 2001
CC,NV,USA
www.knightgames.net
check it...

push alt-enter to minimize into a window...

push alt-enter again to bring it back to full screen, this is how I fixed that problem, you might have to do it more then once, but I don't know exactly what the problem is :)

[edit]bleh, to late I guess :D

YES, post your system, it might have something to do with you video card, and the driver your trying to use to run the game... ok:

A.what kind of video card do you have?

B.what driver are you using for UT?[/edit]

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
You said it's fine in safe mode? That means something is most likely wrong with your video or sound card. It could be as simple as corrupt drivers or a loose cable. Have you changed anything lately?

bad brads

Feb 19, 2001
wales
Visit site
thanks all

problem sorted
all i did was press alt and enter and changed the brightness in the game and changed the resolution
how and why it went do know but all back to normal
strange but true
thanks