Virtual Memory

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Mr.Yuk

Mar 18, 2001
Visit site
Hey!
I played UT for awhile, but haven't in a few weeks. Now I go to restart my campaign, and I get "ran out of virtual memory". I have 8 gigs free on the hd, no back ground progs, latest patch.
specs:
PIII 1000 mhz
256 RAM
Ati All-in-Wonder 128 32 bit video w/ new drivers
I tried resetting my virtual memory, but when I got to over 2048 Megs for VM and nothing changed, I figured out somethings not right. All other maps play, I can do practice and old levels I finished; could the map file be corrupt? All help appreciated!
Included is a jpeg of the error box.

MeStinkBAD

Lurking where you least suspect...
Dec 26, 2000
Tucson, Arizona
File is probably corrupt...

A file specific to UT is probably corrupted. You are probably going to have to reinstall UT. If you do reinstall, you may want to back up your UNREALTOURNAMENT.INI and USER.INI files located in your UT system directory so you won't loose all your settings.