invisible wall

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

DrBot

Adept
Jan 20, 2001
Austin, TX
www.geocities.com
ok i got this nifty map. A CTF map . The setting is a water fall sorta thing. The blue will be on the higher side of the water fall while the red is on the lower side. Now all this is in a big valley type thing. There are a couple ways to get to each side: One, a trail leading around the waterfall to the side; Two, a cave or something; Three, I havent decided.

On the first path (the trail going around the waterfall) I decided to put some torches (it is nighttime) to light it up. So i made a prefab torch thing to put in the path. I put all the torches in the path yada yada. BTW above the path there is a sniper post type thing so someone can snipe peoples coming in and out. Ok, the torches are all set up and fine. But now when i go up to that sniper post thing and i try to shoot someone, the bullet doesn't hit the person but hits the 'invisible wall'. Ive noticed the wall is around where the torches are.... Is there something special i have to click when importing my prefab torch? It seems every time i make a map, in the middle of the map making proccess i have to deal with an error or somethin. THats why ive never released a map. Anyways WHats with the invisible wall?

ChrisToth.hu

Level Designer
Oct 2, 2000
Atlantis
You might have a BSP error there. Check the torches in Z/P view and look for missing faces. Try changing their solidity and/or position and do a rebuild. You can also try moving the sliders in Build props.

Or there could be some actor weirdness. Check the area in actor view and delete any unwanted thingies there...