PDA

View Full Version : Deck16]|[

Genk
11th Mar 2001, 07:43 PM
Will Unreal2 have Deck16? If not, I will not be getting the game.

Uncle Leo
11th Mar 2001, 09:22 PM
It's a shame to hear you wont be buying it.
You will be missed greatly, by someone I guess.

Cyberian_2K
11th Mar 2001, 11:18 PM
Oh come on Genk. Sure you will :)

KiloDelta
12th Mar 2001, 12:00 AM
i'm inclined to agree with Genk.

if U2 doesn't have deck 16 ]I[, i ain't buying it.

Uncle Leo
12th Mar 2001, 03:52 AM
Jeez manz, it's just a deathmatch level. It's nice but not a religious experience or anything.
It wont be in the game. The question was asked, and we got an answer.

But you know that someone will homebrew a Deck16, and a Face, pretty quickly.

Hellscrag
12th Mar 2001, 07:12 AM
That's the second time Genk has said he will not be getting the game.

1) If no music by Alex Brandon
2) If no Deck16

I am not inclined to flame but this pisses me off. A very narrow-minded perspective.

U2 won't have music by Alex, a shame, but there are other good musicians out there, I'm sure Legend will come up with something effective.

U2 will have no Deck16 port since the whole scale of the game is being changed. Deck is a good DM level, but don't you think it's had its day anyway? Jeez, try a different map, you might find you enjoy it.

Btw, Deck16 original had no music?

If all ur gonna say is that you won't buy U2, go tell some Quakers, they'll be delighted.

Sorry. Uncharacteristic flame over.

hal
12th Mar 2001, 07:33 AM
Does anyone in their right mind think that there will not be a Deck16]|[, Deck16IV, Deck16XVI, etc. made for Unreal2 by anyone with rudimentary Ued skills? I'm sure the editor will ship with U2, and you can bet there will be as many variations of whatever popular map that you can think of.

FaceIV - FaceX can be expected. ;)

Law
12th Mar 2001, 03:11 PM
Legend better keep nali fruit in the game or there will be hell to pay!

Morety
12th Mar 2001, 03:14 PM
I ain't gonna buy it unless there's those cute little bunny things hopping around so's I can blow 'em up with 6 nice tightly packed rockets :D

Uncle Leo
12th Mar 2001, 04:37 PM
http://www.legendent.com/images/faces/worch.jpg
Will one of these do?

Gir
13th Mar 2001, 05:18 AM
WABBIT!

Ixus
13th Mar 2001, 07:08 AM
why dont you deck16 fans just calm down and import your one from UT???

ravenus
13th Mar 2001, 09:13 AM
If Legend ain't keeping those moskeeter bugs from Unreal I ain't buying the game. That's what kept me playing U1: not waterfalls, temples, spaceships, skaarj, mercenary or titan thingies.
I want bugs ya hear, or I ain't buying.
;)

ShadowKi][er
13th Mar 2001, 12:39 PM
lol at people that say " I'm not getting U2 if it won't....I'm not getting Black&White because...

Just wait for those 90< reviews to start coming in. They'll be at the shops before you can say "I' am fruit"

[[ Oh and, anyone cares if this guy gets the game or not?]]

Tis is me in a bad mood

Hellscrag
13th Mar 2001, 06:08 PM
No no no, I'm emphatically NOT buying Unreal 2 unless it has exactly the same weapons, creatures, textures, sounds, music and maps as Unreal :D

hal
13th Mar 2001, 10:31 PM
Well I'm definitely buying it.

.............unless they change the maps, weapons, music, textures, sound-effects, or any of the story line......

Gir
14th Mar 2001, 04:42 AM
I want bugs ya hear, or I ain't buying.
If you want bugs, make sure you'll never patch unreal2 ;)

Genk
14th Mar 2001, 04:58 AM
They arent going to have music by "Alex Brandon".

They arent going to have Deck16(the best DM map ever)

They arent going to bring back Dm-Ariza(are they?)

Looks like I am destine to be a Doomer....

DooM3 here I come!!!

Morety
14th Mar 2001, 02:08 PM
http://www.legendent.com/images/faces/worch.jpg

That'll do just fine Uncle Leo :D Something cute to blow to bitz :)

Oh, and Genk, it was nice (?) knowing you.

TomCom
14th Mar 2001, 02:51 PM
but Doom III wont have any of those things either, so why buy that ?

KiloDelta
17th Mar 2001, 12:56 PM
don't get me wrong,

i was kidding about not getting U2 if it didn't have Deck 16. i was just being a goof.

it IS my personal favorite map, but it won't factor in my decision of getting U2.

c'mon, you've seen U2...it's freaking incredible. why wouldn't i buy it?!?!?

SpaCe_OddiTy
18th Mar 2001, 10:02 PM
If there is no deck 16 ]|[ somebody should be lit on fire. Deck 16 rules. From what i've seen online, it is one of the most commonly played levels in unreal and unreal tournament. The level features everything most people want, snipers, natural hazards, the ability to crater, starship-ie texture theme, great lighting, noticible ambient noise, and the ability to hold a great game with 1 on 1, or a full house. And, When our friend Myscha goes to make Deck16 ]|[, im seeing red. The origional deck 16 was brown, almost quake-ish. Deck 16 ]|[ was greener, and looked very nice. Deck 16 ]|[ should be either one of these 2 with red colored lighting (sorta like the ship has gone to battle stations, or red alert or something) or the texture set should be red-er, to give it a more bloody feel. And also, IMO The big lightening core should be brough back from Deck 16 origional. I loved this thing! It added to the natural hazard risk, and if you are running backwards, die and respawn while still running, your dead again. This makes me play better to get back the frag I just lost.

Anywho, DM-Deck16 ]|[, We're waiting...
PS. Myscha ownz.
PS2. I probably spelt his tag wrong, I'm not worthy...

Hellscrag
19th Mar 2001, 04:51 AM
Myscha isn't working on Unreal 2

And why can't so many people see, that it's clearly time for some NEW KICKASS MAP to replace Deck16? Deck16 has had its day!

hal
19th Mar 2001, 06:22 AM
Along those lines, Hellscrag, are you like me? Are you glad Face won't be revisited? :D

dARK_g
29th Mar 2001, 03:14 PM
I personally will make Deck ]||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||[
And Face ]|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||[

(if it doesnt ship with the game)

Metakill
31st Mar 2001, 02:31 AM
If UII doesn't have the sound of splintering wood when you shoot barrels, then count me out!

ASMDstick
2nd Apr 2001, 05:50 AM
Unreal Warfare - will they have Deck17/Face?
Or I hope developers will keep making those Bonus packs like Fusion map pack for U. Anybody know about Voice Packs . I want to be able to say Nice and Ha-ha-ha!

You-Suk|BuF
2nd Apr 2001, 06:25 AM
They arent going to have music by "Alex Brandon".

They arent going to have Deck16(the best DM map ever)

They arent going to bring back Dm-Ariza(are they?)

Looks like I am destine to be a Doomer....

DooM3 here I come!!!

so what, i'm still gonna buy it :D and Doom3 too

Metakill
2nd Apr 2001, 03:05 PM
I'm definitely not going to buy it---I'm going to steal it! --from the factory---before it's released!

You-Suk|BuF
5th Apr 2001, 05:33 AM
I'm definitely not going to buy it---I'm going to steal it! --from the factory---before it's released!

LOL, save a copy for me :D

Hellscrag
7th Apr 2001, 05:03 AM
This thread still chugging along?

Gah. Well you all know how I feel!