Erratic lockups - With all 3d games PLEASE help

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

JncoJimmy

Jan 2, 2000
Visit site
Heres my configuration:
Athlon K7 600 mhz
Guillemot TNT2 Ultra
256 megs 100mhz SDRAM
Gigabyte 7IX mobo
CAT5 Ethernet card
DirectX 7A

Unreal Tourney locks up after a good ~7 mins of playing.
TFC locks about the same time
Quake3 locks a little earlier
Everquest locks up almost instantly
Quake2 does not lock

I doubt its the video card or cpu overheating, because I always feel them after lockups and I estimate they are at maybe 90 - 100 degrees farenheit

I've tried everything, if anyone knows anything please tell me or email me.
Thanks,
JncoJimmy / < )C(>Hunter

soldrout

Jan 17, 2000
Glenwood, AB ,CA
Visit site
I had a similar problem with my xentor 32 when I first got it. After some discussion with guillemot tech people they decided the card was nfg, so I took it back, installed the replacement along with the latest drivers I could find, currently .369's from reactorcritical.com and am very happy with the xentor ever since. UT still crahes from time to time but it does that whether I am using my voodoo2 or the tnt2.Good luck, it sounds like a killer system once you iron out the bugs!

JncoJimmy

Jan 2, 2000
Visit site
Thanks soldrout, I'm going to install those drivers from that site. If that doesnt work I'll send the card back for a new one.
*crosses his fingers*