UT Locks-up at the beginning of match

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

GCAD

Mar 9, 2001
Visit site
I currently running UT 4.32. Every time I start a game of Unreal Tournament it loads fine, but when you start to play for a bit, the game will lock up. At this point I have to reboot. When I tried to run UT again, it checks what type of card I have. I am using a Geforce2MX, so I choose the D3D settings(but for some reason UT highlighted Glide first). I fixed an earlier problem with sound, but I can't make heads or tail of this problem. I currently using specfic CD drivers given for my video card(ASUS 7100) and not reference drivers.

Kray

Time chaser
Sep 17, 2000
Fool's Paradise
utgallery.tripod.com
If you get lockups within 5-30 seconds into the game, then chances are its due to drivers issue.

Try this:

1. Update your mobo drivers from manufacturer's website
2. Update your graphic card drivers

I assume you already have DirextX 7 or 8 installed. If you're using via-chipset mobo, download the 4-in-1 ver 425. If you still get lockups, re-install the 4-in-1 again, but during the installation, set the AGP Driver to Standard Mode (Default is Turbo Mode). The standard mode is much more stable than the turbo.

Hope this helps.