the best part of aimbot accusations

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

hobart_paving

May 30, 2000
Visit site
so i'm playing on a face server and having a particularly lucky day with the rifle. i pick some guys off the hill as they're running towards my base or leaving my base with our flag. aimbot accusations start flying. then the next time i approach the enemy base, the guy who's calling me an aimbot DUCKS. so there i am, top of the hill with a rifle. and there he is, ducking in front of his doorway, not able to move. THANK YOU for the easy kill! :D

Blender

Apr 4, 2000
Visit site
People do that to me too. They duck, don't move and then die. But then they always say "Oh, so you turned off huh? Cause thats the only way you could have hit me." Right about then I tell them to practice or something. My favorite accusation came from someone after I killed him with the goop gun. What a m0.

Robot TinMan|BuF

Godlike Blues Brutha
Feb 13, 2001
Sweden
www.clanrobot.com
LOL @ DividedSky.:)

As for the topic:" The best part...", is there really a best part in all of these aimbot issues?
I pretty much suck with the rifle, but, if I had a "lucky" day as Hobie put it, I wouldn't wanna be called a cheater.
Make an aimbot server where all the cheaters/lamers can get together, and have a competition who first get to 100 frags/min.
Leave the rest of the community, who wants to play in fair and fun games, out of it.

Just my $0.02

Stosh

A legend in his own mind
Feb 9, 2000
Southern MD, US
clanci.xgshosting.com
I know it's getting out of hand these days

... too many accusations. I was playing on Hydro and some guy picked me off at long distance while he was jumping.. I thought it was a bit odd.... then I looked at his ping... it was 60.

Some people are really good shots. Thats all. I was once accused of cheating in a 1on1 game (I know, with my skills, I couldn't believe it either) It was some newbie, and he was upset that he couldn't kill me. I proceeded to explain that his shots were mostly missing me, and I had the armor vest.

I think being accused of cheating shows that you have extremely good skills.. but it is getting out of hand..

NutBar-SOB

Dec 22, 1999
Ventura, CA
www.sobservers.com
I've got rocket/combo aim, not rifle aim. I depend on being "close enough" with my shots.
If I headshot someone when they are jumping its because I missed what I was aiming at :)
But this DOES happen.

People who cry aimbot after a lucky shot or two don't know what they are talking about. Real aimbots are obvious and ridiculous.

CrazyCougar

CATatonic
Jan 5, 2001
Ottawa, Canada
Note to self call Stosh an aimbot cheater when I'm losing...

I've got lucky shot aim.... if I hit I was lucky... although I've been told I'm very good at leaving people with less than 10 health... catch and release I guess.

Oh and my aim's so bad I get more headshots with the ripper than I do with the rifle... which is how I get my lucky shot aim.

Blender

Apr 4, 2000
Visit site
How about a thread that has to do w/ skin cheats???

InvisSkin.jpg

cryco

Quasi-Genius
Nov 23, 2000
Montreal, Canada
Visit site
AAAAAk!!!
Someone wants to be ALMOST ME!! ChRYCO!!!!
Jeez, what are the odds.....
Next thing you know, someone will appear with a weird sounding nick like I_IS_BANGIN or FLOWERTY
or even UnitedSky...

XxBonesxX

banned
Dec 19, 1999
A grave Yard!
Visit site
Is it a skin cheat or just a firewall causing the affect? But then if it was firewall related the gun would also be invisible.. I think they need to open a server dedicated to cheaters! Let them play with all their little toys I don't care.. I know i don't have to cheat to win.

hobart_paving

May 30, 2000
Visit site
i like hanging out on newbie face servers. and the competition on six feet under isn't as newbie-ish as you think.

besides, we almost beat mmss on face tonight...so i guess playing a lot of face is good for something. ;)

namu

Bleh.
Dec 21, 2000
Dinae Mensa, Tharsis Regio
namu.free.fr
Remember cheaters (well most of them) have paid for the game, they should get some fun at least. Too bad THEIR fun is not the same as what normal people with brains call fun ;)
So let's have servers explicitly dedicated to cheaters, like "[NO CSHP]Cheater's Heaven" or the like, and let them get bored of it.

Pillsbury Flow Boy

The Stairway to Revvin'
Jan 22, 2001
CC,NV,USA
www.knightgames.net
Lucky shots are one thing... like dodging out of the way of 4 or 5 rockets, then trying nail the dude that shot them, and end up hitting the shock ball... taking out that one last guy that's running down the hill after you flag carrier, or popping the enemy flag carrier from across the map with a missed shot that was intended for somebody else... but to take out 4 enemies running after your flag carrier, with the sniper rifle BTW, who would cap the flag to win the game? all in succesion, not one missed bullet? Had this happen many number of times... on Six Feet Under no less... The enemy team said it was the biggest fluke they'd ever seen, but then the guy left the server before I could switch teams and spec him...

There is luck, and there is just plain idiocy which leads to accusation of aimbot usage... sometimes I wish it weren't true, but I saw something last night which horrified me... playing on some CTF server... and a guy joined the server, didn't bring up the score board to check teams... he was on our side of the base in less then 4 seconds after joining the server, I thought he was just really good at hammer punting... playing on lava giant BTW... I unloaded 7 or 8 combos near him... before I jumped up to the top, and chased him... I started shooting him... and he started shooting back... CSHP4c server... and the idiot found some bug... or something that would allow him to be on the blue team, with the red skin, or vice versa... I wish I coulda seen it from his view, to see if it showed him on the red team or not... might've been a bug.... might've been a fluke... might've been a hack... that's why I'm not posting a screenie :)