Can anyone help me get UT to work?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Fishdog

Feb 24, 2001
Hell
Visit site
Well, after much delay I decided to see what all the hubub was about. I bought UT and after playing around for a while with the bots, I absolutely love it. I decided to try my skills out online, but when I tried to join a game it disconnects me. I went online and downloaded the newest patch, and the Tac-Ops mod, and proceeded to install both. Now every time when I start up UT my monitor doesn't show anything, and eventually goes into powersaving mode. The only way I can get out of it is to Ctrl+Alt+Del out of it.

Anyone know what the problem is? Thanks in advance for all the help.

Crager

Ahh...just a player here
Apr 30, 2000
NY
www.teamimmortal.org
The first thing you should do is go to add/remove programs in control panel and select ut.

When it comes up select tac ops and remove it. Than try ut again.

If you can play ut again you should install the bonus packs before you try online.

Robot TinMan|BuF

Godlike Blues Brutha
Feb 13, 2001
Sweden
www.clanrobot.com
I suggest U do what Blaze said.
I also installed TacOps and had some probs, not getting online, but game crashes and stuff.
I uninstalled it and the comp crashes much more less now.
Furthermore, U don't need TacOps. ;)

Fishdog

Feb 24, 2001
Hell
Visit site
I've tried all that, when I uninstall, and then re-install completely and only use the 436 patch and bonus pack my monitor still turns off when I start it up.

Fishdog

Feb 24, 2001
Hell
Visit site
Doh!

Can't believe I didn't think of this earlier.

Updated my drivers for my Diamond Viper V550 and now everything works fine. Thanks for the help anyways guys, if you see a Fishdog online just say hi!