A newbie looking for cool mods (please recommend :} !

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

hijks

Feb 24, 2001
Visit site
Hello!

I am new to UT addon and like to know some information about the good mods/maps and so on out there. If you can give me any feedback that would be just wonderful. Thanks a lot!

Stephen

TwoHardCore

Feb 1, 2000
Calgary, Canada
since you are looking for mods, and yer a n00b (newbie) I'll give ya a bit of advice. You should really copy your entire UT\System folder and store it somewhere safe. Cause some of those mods that have been suggested (they all kick A$$) will do some weird things to your UT. Then when you tire of the mods or just wanna uninstall it (or if you are having UT prob's) you can just copy/paste it from your backup, and it's back to normal.

I agree, Rocket Arena kicks it up a notch if you like 1v1. U4e is a great mod too, lotsa cool weapons and stuff. There's also Darkmatch, StrikeForce, Infiltration and Dominator. Only 100's of them to choose from, check out Fileplanet's list of mods or you can visit some of the hosted PU sites like modsquad.

Places you can get really good maps is the CliffyB ownage page, NaliCity, Unreality (all maps are rated by users), Mapped, etc. Check out all the links for 'Levels' on PU's front page.....Soooo many good maps, it's hard to keep track of em all.

Mr_Lynyrd

I am the PuF Lurker... kookookachoo!!
Feb 7, 2001
BFE, Tenn.
Here's a smaller one...

Ok, yea UTJB and Rocket Arena are alright, and Chaos UT does come in the GOTY edition, but they are hefty downloads and really two of the three are really only good for online play; don't know if you are a 56k'er like myself or not...

Anyway, for a GREAT little download try out the Dominator mod/mutator; since I've had that little baby I've never played a straight domination game since. Drop by ModSquad for the review and download, be sure to get the latest version... you won't be sorry.

Pabu

A God among mortals
Feb 25, 2001
MN, USA
Visit site
Tactical Ops. It is the only mod I have ever installed that I keep going back to play. I was never a big fan of Counter Strike (uh oh....did I just say that?). But this mod is a load of fun. A hefty download (60mbs) but well worth it.