PDA

View Full Version : Something odd I noticed

Xhalted1
23rd Feb 2001, 05:02 PM
The To Rooster: Formal Challenge thread has more replies than it has views. How can this possibly be correct? In order to respond to a thread you have to view it. So it can't be more! Only it is.

Very odd :)

Troll|PuF
23rd Feb 2001, 05:05 PM
OMG!!! This is really weird. Ok, I clicked on your thread and while I was waiting for it to load, I noticed that the Rooster Challenge thread that I bumped had less views than replies! And LO AND BEHOLD that was what your thread was about! spoooooky!

anyways, I bumped this out of the April archives....I have a feeling that all the original views got like...lost in space or something. That's probably the # of views since the bumping maybe?

Xhalted1
23rd Feb 2001, 05:22 PM
Thanks, I knew there had to be a logical fnord answer to it :)

I was just about to start rethinking my fnord entire existance from start to present.

*Whew*

Guess I can put that off fnord a little while longer.

Thanks again Troll :)

acmadude
24th Feb 2001, 03:17 AM
Or maybe the views that it says it has are only from the first page, and a bunch of those replies were from when people skipped straight to the last page and replied.

Boom
24th Feb 2001, 03:28 AM
No acmadude, thats not right.

Troll had it before. When the forums changed formats (not the last time, the time before that I think) it first added the "views" element. The old forum didn't show how many views. So any thread that is bumped from before the summer (I think that "views" think was added this summer) will have zero views regardless of how many replies their are.

It was really weird to see threads like CHRYSt's "Entertain Me" thread that had hundreds of replies and zero views ;)