Please Help A Newbie With 3dfx

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

DarkToast

Feb 23, 2001
Germany
Visit site
hello,
i need your help.
i installed unreal and the final patch, but glide doesn't work, because when i activate fullscreen, the window gets smaller (320x240) although glide is enabled in adv. options... my system: amd k6-2 500mhz, 64mb ram, monster 3d (voodoo I with 4mb ram), directx 7a (sure its an old system but i have no money [;o))

please help me!!!

thanks

DarkToast

Gothik

Day Tripper
Jun 8, 2000
UK
Visit site
You might not be able to run Unreal fullscreen with a 4mb card. I had a 4mb card when I first got Unreal and I wasn't able to run it in anything other than a window, this lead me to upgrade my videocard so I could run it full screen.

Try turning everything off/down and lowering your resolution to the minimum. It will look like crap but it may be enough to get it fullscreen. Also try running it in software mode. And buy a new videocard when you get a chance (and some more memory), the rest of your system is fairly decent and a new videocard will prolong it's life.

Tichinde

Takes me one step closer to the edge
Mar 21, 2000
Bridgend, UK
Visit site
I run a K6-2 500 with a Voodoo2. Look on auctions for one it should be pretty cheap and memory prices are bottoming out, you will only need 128Mb (DIMM) andd it will cost you £40 from Crucial.co.uk (try .com if you are american)

hehehehhe On the other hand i have 256Mb and everything flies!

alfonzottown

Mar 10, 2001
midwest US
Visit site
Why ???

Why are you running a Voodoo 1 with Direct x 7 ??
The card only supports up to Dx5.
I had a Diamond monster 3D and I tossed it after I found out that 3dfx didn't support the card after Direct x 5, so I got a Voodoo 3 instead.
It only cost $80, and I get very good performance !
Too bad 3dfx went under,they made some of the BEST vid cards EVER.