Idea for a new map...

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

King Slayer

Jun 5, 2000
Visit site
I had a thought... if there is some one out there who is really good with UnrealEd, try mirroring AS-Overlord into a CTF map. If there is some way to mirror the map, add some blue and red lights, a couple of flags to the map, DAMN that would be cool! PLEEEEEZ, if this has been done let me know, and if copy/pasting works for entire maps in UnrealEd also please let me know.

Kokensu

Fire in Ma Belly!
Jan 4, 2000
Shut yo mouth!
Visit site
It can be done FAIRLY easily. I don't think it's been with Overlord yet but it shouldn't be too hard. My friend and I did the same thing with DM-Barricade. Turned out kinda like a Face level.

Only problem with mirroring levels is that you sometimes end up with some anomolies in the mirrored part. But go ahead and try it if you like. Let us know how it turns out. ;)

King Slayer

Jun 5, 2000
Visit site
hey, thats cool man. Now, I've been out of the UT scene for a while (been playin H-L Counter-Strike, by the way a VERY choice game), so how do you mirror entire maps in UnrealEd?

8-4-7-2

Mar 6, 2000
Germany
You must select ALL brushes in the base, copy them and turn them around 180°. Move them to the other side and rebuild.
There are a few ways to rotate them, and you should copy the base bit by bit. In addition you must rename the tags of all triggers, movers,m actors and zones.

Kokensu

Fire in Ma Belly!
Jan 4, 2000
Shut yo mouth!
Visit site
sorry, I haven't checked here in a little while. well I don't think I have the map anymore. My friend and I did it on his computer for practice and all. But we didn't do anything complicated. Simply put a long flat bridge between the two. And we never really finished it. We were gonna have some kind of moving lift between them as well, but oh well.

A_Huge_Sweaty_Baboon

The Baboon... HAS.... SPOKEN
Aug 12, 2000
My Groin Is Sore
Visit site
bugger

i would, if i had saved it in its most complete form.

At first i had the two castles, quite a distance aparts, the in the middle i had a Third castle, symetrical, much less complicated that the main ones, with just one tower in its center.

To get to the other base, you had to cross many, many smaller rocks, all connected by planks of wood.

I never finished placing the wood, and i cand find the save where i had some of them done.

I then gave up on that and tried to do a LavaGiant crossed with Eternal Caves type level, but i gave up on that aswell. :(

Da PlaN-R

flak sandwhich maker
Feb 24, 2001
central europe
another idea

Here's a good idea:

Take deck16)( and mirror it as king slayer said. Add the lights, flags, ect.. and make it in to a ctf map. You could change it and make toxic water on the blue side and lava on the red. You also should knock out the wall and have on 1 deemer. You could call it: deck32 :) .