Maybe PUFers can explain it ...(cheat?)

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Gres718

Apr 12, 2000
Visit site
Ok here is the deal:
I am on my DSL join some server with dude "naca" on it.
Ping is anywhere from 40 to 100.
"naca" had about same ping.

Sudenly - I am what the hell - I'm having hard time hitting him and I see him in some strange way :
Something like this:

naca3.jpg

Ok - I thought to myself - Mabby I am too tired...
But then it was gettin more suspicious:
naca2.jpg

It looked to me like guy was shooting from different place then he appeard to be...

Then he got Energy_shield and it's was clear to me - something fishy is going on here:

naca7.jpg

Which one would you shoot? Eh ? I was going for the left one :)

Then it became clear to me :
naca9.jpg

All that time I was shooting his ghost... that was located to the buttom and left from him.
Damnit.

So, what is it? some new cheat or just some new bug in UT?

PS. I got a demo of it if anyone need it (1.3Mb in zip).

I_B_Bangin

habitual line stepper
Aug 6, 2000
Boston, MA
Post the demo here, there is an attach file thingy under the reply box when you post a message.

I would love to see this one.

Tidal

Feb 19, 2001
Visit site
where was the other guy throughout all fo this? there were three people in the game, so what's up with that? what was he doing?

just wondering.

kinda funky, looks like same skin different TCs to me, but the pics are kinda weird, it's obvious that the one with the sheild belt is the real one, the ghost was in the floor because it is lower than the real one, if this is a cheat it's a pretty useless one, just looking at it told me what was going on, I'm thinking a glitch.

I_B_Bangin

habitual line stepper
Aug 6, 2000
Boston, MA
Originally posted by Xhalted1
Well as far a "sinking in the ground" he could have crouch bound to movement keys. If he does then he is a true cheater. IMNSHO of coarse :)

I don't think that having crouch bound to movement keys is lame at all. Maybe it is because of my loyal following of the {DuX} caln! :D When you are crouched while moving you move slower. The only reason someone would want to use this is if they are going after an aimbot user, since they are locking in on the players head area. The theory is that the aimbot can't hit a crouched player, I say theory because I haven't tested this and have only heard second hand reports about it.

gramps

Mar 27, 2000
www.crookram.net
i've experienced a similar situation in a LAN game, where my player was in the game twice.

i set up a dedicated server on one computer and log in on that server from my own computer, which is firewalled. but as i entered the game there were two of me. myself and a bot (?). he was making the exact same moves as i. if i fired my weapon the bot fired his weapon, if i jumped the bot jumped. really funny. :)

in my case it probably had to do with the fact that i was firewalled and during the sending of packets a loopback appeared. or something like that, i don't know.

however, my bot entered the game as Player1 and it had 0 ping. you could also kill it like any other player. none of the three players in the above screenies have 0 ping, in fact they're all different. so i guess the situation's not the same.

Gres718

Apr 12, 2000
Visit site
>> where was the other guy throughout all fo this?
>> there were three people in the game, so what's up
>> with that? what was he doing?

Other guy seen just fine. I wasnt intrested in fighting him.
I was trying to get some close shots with naca guy.

Anyhow, since PUF got 1Mb attachment limit (and it's a so slow already) -
I had 2 find where to leech some FTP :p
you could demo get it HERE.

PS. Danmit, is it just me having hard time accesing forum or VERIO just sux in hosting it?

Kokensu

Fire in Ma Belly!
Jan 4, 2000
Shut yo mouth!
Visit site
Before everyone blows this out of proportion and starts calling this the next big cheat you should know....IT'S NOT....

I've seen this exact thing before. The ONLY difference with me is that EVERY player in the stage was doing it. Not just one. Everyone was sinking into the ground, powershields were displaced, etc. At first I thought it was lag, but then people started sliding around and what not(and I WASN'T lagging, all my shots were still hitting like normal).

I came to the conclusion that's it's some bug with a patch or something. It may have something to do with textures as well. I reloaded my textures from the CD to fix the sliding problem, and when I did, I noticed that this problem went away as well. But even if that's not what fixed it, believe me it's not some new fancy cheat. It's just a glitch.

Kokensu

Fire in Ma Belly!
Jan 4, 2000
Shut yo mouth!
Visit site
LOL Troll.

I think I should have been clearer guys. When I said it was a glitch, I meant the player who was doubled and what not was NOT aware of it. Everything seemed normal to him.

A similar glitch(which IS ALSO A CHEAT), is the extra flag skin. Sometimes when you have the flag you'll die and due to lag or whatever you'll respawn and still have a flag on your back. Although you don't have a glow around you, you still look like you're carrying the flag. I KNOW this is a CHEAT. BUT, it's also a glitch. It can occur both ways. I KNOW this cause I was accused of it myself. And I've never needed to cheat in UT. But low and behold when I typed behindview 1 on myself I saw a flag on my back. And I DIDN'T have the flag. I logged off and logged back on and everything was normal.

This double thing is similar to that. I don't think most of the players it happens to are even aware of it. It IS possible it's a cheat, but I'm 99% sure it's just a glitch.

I_B_Bangin

habitual line stepper
Aug 6, 2000
Boston, MA
Well, either way I can't do much with the demo, so there will be no llamas going to the farm on this one. The part of the demo I was able to see was pretty wacky. Seeing half a body fromt he torso up moving on the floor was freaky to watch, LOL. But the demo crashed UT twice after it reached the point where you got the third screenshot that you posted. If it is a cheat, I am sure I will be seeing more demos, but for now I will assume it was a glitch.

I have a couple questions though, Gres718. Why did F1 and F2 not show me any player or server info? And why couldn't you go up the elevator lifts? You tried at least 7 times during the portion of the demo I saw and each time you got on the lift you fell through it back to the floor. What is the deal with that?

BTW, do you guys like my new double avatar cheat for the forums. One of them is a ghost, so that no one will be able to shoot the real avatar! :D

Xhalted1

Skilled
Dec 20, 2000
Brooklyn, NY
Visit site
Ok now I can see what the pictures are showing :) Damn am I slow. I saw the gun floating and no one in the shield belt and thought they were invisible or something.

Important question is "Does the player know that he appeard that way to other players?" If he does and continued to play he is a cheater. If no one told him then how could he know? Unless the other self was visible to him then he should think something is wrong, I would think.

Strange, how when you don't know what your looking at, you can't see what's there. Huh? Sort of the whole observer created universe thing brought to life for me.

<edit>Just read your post I_B_Bangin' that Avatar thing is very funny :)</edit>

Gres718

Apr 12, 2000
Visit site
>> Well, either way I can't do much with the demo, so
>> there will be no llamas going to the farm on this one.

I couldnt say I care 'bout "farm"...

>> The part of the demo I was able to see was pretty
>> wacky. Seeing half a body fromt he torso up moving
>> on the floor was freaky to watch, LOL. But the demo
>> crashed UT twice after it reached the point where
>> you got the third screenshot that you posted.

Hmm. intresting, I run this demo with no problem to the end. Though, Must note that I was recording this demo
and all of the suden my UT gave me an error "not enough virtual memory" . So I go to check if demo
there - it was, but maybe(!!!) there is some error in it cue to abnormal ending. But I swear - F1 and F2 works for me.

Anyone else got problem playing this demo ?

>> I have a couple questions though, Gres718. Why did
>> F1 and F2 not show me any player or server info?

See my best guess above .

>> And why couldn't you go up the elevator lifts? You
>> tried at least 7 times during the portion of the demo
>> I saw and each time you got on the lift you fell
>> through it back to the floor. What is the deal with that?
What are you talkin about ? Elevator jumps? Whats wrong with missing box "few" :D times ?

But the buttom line for me :
90% possibility (IMHO) Thats some bug And that person
intentionaly (or NOT ) was benefiting from it.

Is there some way for me as CLIENT_SIDE to force everyone to be displayed ONLY with standart skins?

( I think in Q2 there was something like "force standart skins")

8-4-7-2

Mar 6, 2000
Germany
Originally posted by Gres718
Is there some way for me as CLIENT_SIDE to force everyone to be displayed ONLY with standart skins?

Yes, go into the mod menu (main screen -> upper taskbar) and select "force default models"

Altough I never saw this before, and therefor being not very competent, I also agree that it is very likely just a bug. However some nerds might learn how to do it on purpose and exploit it...

No Soup For You

I got your PM right HERE!
Evil Twin Cheat!

Don't tell me you guys haven't heard of the "Evil Twin Cheat"? Just like Gilligan, Ginger, and Mr. Howell had an evil twin on Gilligan's Island this player has an evil twin on the server. The evil twin also most likely speaks with an accent or in a deeper voice than the real guy. Shoot the evil twin and you will be transported to the secret room where the Nalis conduct the ancient ritual of the circular manipulation. Jeez bunch of n00bs!