Bot paths and other misc stuff for a beginner mapr

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

godz

Feb 29, 2000
IN CONSTRUCTION
I've read ton's of tutorials and maybe I just didn't look hard enough but... how the hell do I get my bot's to run around and fight... I've set pathnodes.... all within visible range of one another and my bots still stand around like they're retarded.. little help with that please....

and this may be to much to ask for an explanation.. but I'll ask anyway... I've found how to make a box explode when shot.. but what I want to do is make several boxes...that explode but don't go into pieces or dissapear when a switch is pushed.. I'm assuming you would link the tag and event togethor but I'm not aware of how to make them blow up everytime you push the switch...... this may be a very dumb question.. cause I may be looking over something .. but this place has been helpful so far...

I do plan to post my map... possibly to nailcity after I'm finished.. even though it might not be fantastic looking (cause it's my first map for any game)... I like the layout for deathmatches..

one last thing.... where the hell do the holes in my walls come from and how might I fix them...... Most I can fix.. but some have nothing around and just have a damn hole in them for the hell of it...

ok ok...settle down......

damn this was a long message...

ok any help would be appreciated... thanx

ether

Feb 1, 2000
San Diego, CA
www.remixradio.com
Make sure you've done a paths define (F8=>Lighting Tab=>Paths Define), otherwise your pathnodes will never turn into paths. You can then use the any of the views View options to turn on Paths display to see if they connect properly

bullet2.gif

--ether
http://www.remixradio.com/ut/

Wanderer

Jul 7, 2000
Exploding boxes with the flip of a switch:
You've got the right idea. Not sure why it wouldn't work. I guess make sure all the Object=>InitialStates=TriggerOpenTimed or TriggerToggle.

Holes in wall:
Either they're BSP holes or stray subtraction brushes. It's hard to tell from this stand point, you're not giving much to work with.