network is established but u.t. doesn't recognize.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

CREEOW42077

Jan 5, 2000
Austin, TX
Visit site
I've got the pcs networked but when I start internet game on one and 'find LAN games' on the other, it doesn't seem to work. At one point the server was recognized(under find LAN games) but when I clicked it, it was a different level than the server, and my gun wouildn't fire, I would fall off a cliff and when I hit the bottom I would just be stuck there and wouldn't die, etc....What could be the problem?

------------------
C.R.H.
chansell@austinbusinesscollege.org

Rooster

Local Legend
Jan 4, 2000
Fort Mill, SC
www.legionoflions.com
On the client: Try punching in the IP address of the server. That should work. Make sure you have TCP/IP bound to the NIC that is on your LAN.

bullet2.gif

Here comes the Rooster!
nguid:167703

forge

Jan 6, 2000
kalamazoo,mi
Visit site
if that doesent work, try using IPX/SPX. It works for us. Also tryadding netboui, we had a couple of machines that adding that was the only way we could get them to fing the games. But first make sure you click O.K. to the microsoft login, not cancel.

Rooster

Local Legend
Jan 4, 2000
Fort Mill, SC
www.legionoflions.com
UT doesnt use IPX/SPX it ONLY uses TCP/IP. So adding IPX/SPX wont make a bit of difference to UT. Neither will netBeui.

Now, both of those may help the PC's see each other in network neighborhood, but UT couldn't give a rat's arse.

bullet2.gif

Here comes the Rooster!
nguid:167703

forge

Jan 6, 2000
kalamazoo,mi
Visit site
thats strange because its running on my IPX\SPX network.
Knowing my luck it's a glitch and my machine will blow up soon, we'll see!!

I'll post if I get a meltdown!

benjamat

Jan 15, 2000
UK
www.marshallm.freeserve.co.uk
I too had problems with recognising the games over the lan properly but it was cured when I found that one of the machines had tcp and no ipx while the other had both. adding ipx and then disabling the - always dial my default isp in internet,connection options the system runs perfectly.

DM

Dec 26, 1999
United Kingdom
Visit site
Do this on the machine you want to be server...

Try running winipcfg from Start/Run to get your TCP/IP number, then go to Control Panel / Network / TCP/IP Properties. (assuming you have TCP/IP protocol installed.

Then click the Specify IP Address radio button and type in your IP address, and set your subnet mask to 255.255.255.0

Now, on the other machine, the one you want to connect to your server...

Set the IP address exactly the same way as above, but add 1 to the last figure.

It took me an age to sort this out, I hope it helps you. UT does, in fact, only use TCP/IP connection so if you are playing someone across a LAN then whether you know it or not you are using TCP/IP.

bullet2.gif

"They might look the same but they don't taste the same"