New clan enlisting

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

MXs

Feb 16, 2001
Visit site
ello, I invite everyone and anyone who is

a.DEDICATED TO UT

b.KNOWS HOW TO USE UT

c.A degree of commitment and responsibility

and wants to be in a clan, check out [DV8]. Methods of contact:

1. Reply to this message

2. IRC via IRC Server irc.enterthegame.com Room #clandv8

3. email kmoralda@home.com

This is for UT now and for future UT products. You don't have to be godlike, but YOU MUST BE DEDICATED WITH COMMITMENT TO THE CLAN!! We are a very serious clan with ambitions for greatness (one of our leaders ranks in the top 10 at times). Please take these into consideration and we look forward to hearing from you.

kamikaze9

Apr 29, 2000
:D
ohmed.png

MXs

Feb 16, 2001
Visit site
WHAT?

What kind of replies are these? Just a bunch of signatures from people with no legitimate messages. Please respond properly and clearly outline your intentions or otherwise beat it.

SamD

Hooker with a penis
Nov 1, 2000
Brooklyn
Re: WHAT?

Originally posted by MXs
What kind of replies are these? Just a bunch of signatures from people with no legitimate messages. Please respond properly and clearly outline your intentions or otherwise beat it.

how about you go beat it.

MXs

Feb 16, 2001
Visit site
SamD

How about you go beat it considering your preoccupation with male genitalia, that could be interpreted in another way.

8-4-7-2

Mar 6, 2000
Germany
For the sole purpose of not needing to post detailed text, which is a result of our laziness, we invented TCDs. Thread Contol Devices.

Ohm'ed stands for clans who seek members, but fail to give appealing or complete information :)

Welcome to the insanity known as PuF. Resistance is futile!

cryco

Quasi-Genius
Nov 23, 2000
Montreal, Canada
Visit site
I think they were expecting info like: We're an American based clan. or all Aussie clan etc... maybe say that it's a CTF clan or TDM or mixed, bla bla bla, and that you're a bunch of cool people who play cause it's fun, yaddi yada yada....
But, I could be wrong, cause that's not relevant info, is it?

SimplyCosmic

ERGO. VIS A VIS. CONCORDANTLY.
Dec 25, 1999
Northeast Ohio
www.simplycosmic.net
Actually, cryco, those are examples of extremely relevant information when advertising for a clan or mod project.

The "OHMed" Thread Control Device (TCD) was originally created in response to a large influx of threads advertising for clans, mod projects or web pages which consist of little more than "Join our l33t group".

An advert like that helps no one one distinquish why your clan should be chosen over any other out there. It basically says that you're just another random grouping of people. When advertising a new group, include as much information as possible that will both identify the type of people who would fit in with the clan's core concept (ie "People from the western coast of North America, with a primary concentration on CTF and Team Deathmatch") as well as any clan attributes that will help your organization stand out from the non-descript variety (ie "We plan on having fun through a serious attitude towards winning"). Additionally, include how much time is expected of potential members (ie "We will have an hour of practice on Mondays and Wednesdays, with a couple hours of clan-on-clan play on Saturday evenings").

More information is better for you and for us as well.

Normally, we try to inlcude a link to the TCD Explanations along side the use of one, but that one must have slipped through.

scsig98.jpg

Boom

Rumpshaking Moderator
Mar 28, 2000
Visit site
I am already in a clan, but welcome to the Planetunreal Forums, otherwise known as PuF. Good luck with your recruiting.

If you get enough for a scrim, please find me at irc.enterthegame.com channel #LoL.

My clan does CTF and TDM. I am currently trying to get some TDM scrims set up but I could probably get a CTF going as well. Just for fun and practice, no egos or trashtalking.

Once again, welcome and good luck with the clan.

MXs

Feb 16, 2001
Visit site
Thanks

Sorry about the lack of info. It's just that our clan is going off to a slow start and recruiting is proving exceedingly difficult. There was much too much MISINTERPRETATION with what I posted before and for that I am sorry. As for the dedication thing, Birdhouse, dedication in the sense of members being available for the scheduled practices/games as much as possible (beforehand, all efforts will be made to accompany everyones timetable). A few of us have already invested much time towards this clan and hope to seek recognition for these efforts.

Expect a MUCH MORE CONCISE, INFORMATIVE and INTERESTING post by me soon after I finish gathering all the info. Thanks for the help guys!

OshadowO

Irregular
Feb 10, 2000
CA
It's be nice to also know what you guys mainly play ie CTF or DOM etc. Goodluck on recruiting:)

[DV8]Tiger|crouching

Mr. T's bitch
Feb 18, 2001
Vancouver, B.C.
www.clandv8.net
Clan Deviate

Well, to elaborate on [DV8]MXs's reply, we mainly specialize in DM and TDM. Once we get enough members going, we might explore Domination and CTF. I was just wondering if there are any good ways on how to recruit ppl.

Thanks in advance,
Tiger

8-4-7-2

Mar 6, 2000
Germany
Originally posted by SimplyCosmic
Normally, we try to inlcude a link to the TCD Explanations along side the use of one, but that one must have slipped through.

I would have done that, but in my unbelievable dumbness, I didn't know the url for the new TCD museum :)

SimplyCosmic

ERGO. VIS A VIS. CONCORDANTLY.
Dec 25, 1999
Northeast Ohio
www.simplycosmic.net
One of the problems you blokes might run into is the fact that most "dedicated" players (those that take the game seriously and are willing to put several hours into clan practice) are going to seek out "dedicated" clans that have been around for a while and have some standing in the leagues that they want to participate in.

Think of it this way: If you were a good athlete, and you had your choice of trying out for a team that's been around, won a championship or two, and generally does well, or a new startup clan which is unproven and may not even be around next week, which would you choose?

So, my first piece of advice would be to concentrate on getting a clan established first, before you make it a "dedicated" clan. The number of people available in the pool aren't quite as willing to spend large amounts of time practicing, so I would limit the required practice times until your clan actually has enough members to sustain itself.

scsig101.jpg