Little help Please

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Beaf

The Defecator
Jan 15, 2001
Montreal, Quebec
www.grassyknoll.8k.com
Hi GUYS!
Finally: I got a problem with UT! DAMN! I thought I would just help people solve them here.... :(

I loose 'control' of the mouse and the keyboard keys don't respond neither. My player stays there, nothing responds, he respawns AUTOMATICALLY, as soon as it's killed, but NO CONTROL.

(Windows ME, 700 Mhz, 256 RAM, all the crap, cable modem, etc. I never had a problem....)

I'm just asking if anybody got these symptoms...

THANKS!

(I'll continue my tests and DELETE the thread if I fix it...)

SimplyCosmic

ERGO. VIS A VIS. CONCORDANTLY.
Dec 25, 1999
Northeast Ohio
www.simplycosmic.net
Do you have any other programs running in the background which may be stealing input from UT?

scsig80.jpg

synergy

{ThC}XiKo
Dec 2, 2000
same thing happened to me. just started today.

i was playing online, spawned, and i couldn't do anything except talk. restarted the game, found another server, same thing.

weird...

Run N. Gun

[Fü§îòñDM] Giant Map Clan
Jan 22, 2001
Arizona, USA
www.users.qwest.net
USB?

Do you have a USB Mouse/keyboard? Every once in a while I'll lose complete control of my mouse (USB) and can't move or anything. I found unplugging the mouse and replugging it in works like a charm. Horribly inconvenient but it solves the problem without me having to reboot the machine or UT.

Hope this helps. Good luck, Beaf.

Dec 31, 2000
Visit site
I have found that my controls will partially stop responding at times. Usually my weapon binds will stop working. I use the num pad for these. When this happens, the only solution is a computer reboot. Quitting the game and restarting does no restore the binds. Kinda weird; but, it doesn't happen very often. Kinda curious though, it almost always happens when I play on a server with the TL enabled. (I'm a DM player so, like I said, it's not often)