PDA

View Full Version : The Fate of UT...?

Old Fart
9th Feb 2001, 11:45 AM
I was just wondering: How many of you will still be playing our beloved UT when U2 and UW come out...?

As someone who has a mid-range machine for UT, just got into the game late in 2000, and probably won't be able to afford a U2/UW-capable one for a couple of years, I'm wondering if guys like me will be left behind on near empty servers. <:)

SimplyCosmic
9th Feb 2001, 11:58 AM
Damn it, you're making me nostalgic for the conversations we used to have about Unreal when it looked like UT was just around to corner.

*sniff* Memories . . .

http://meisterplanet.com/images/planetunrealpics/sigs/scsig53.jpg

[MUTTS]ImagoX
9th Feb 2001, 12:27 PM
... I'll keep playing so long as I can find lots of servers online with players to frag... :D

cryco
9th Feb 2001, 12:29 PM
I'll still be around.... Maybe play both until UT is just too "old"

I_B_Bangin
9th Feb 2001, 12:33 PM
Well, if U2 is nothing like UT, then I may continue to play UT. But if T2 is like UT not like T1, then maybe that should be your more immediate concern. Cause the hip bone's connected to the thigh bone, the thigh bone's connected to the knee bone, the knee bone's connected to the....

[BUF]Diving_Mullah
9th Feb 2001, 02:34 PM
Have you looked at the unreal servers lately!

eventhough they are few years old, they still live and kicking!

This the longest time I ever, ever played a game.

When Elite force game out I almost said goodbye to UT, but UT was just more fun. When the Mech 4 came out, I said good bye to UT, but after playing few capture the flag with Mechs and team death matches, UT still seemed to have far more fun factor than Mech4. I am looking forward to TribesII, Unreal2, Halo and UW.

We will see which one would tear me away from this ever so addicting game!

Mullah

PHATBURNER
9th Feb 2001, 02:40 PM
I recently shifted from Unreal to UT, and there still appeared to plenty of Unreal servers available for fraggin' on-line... so I wouldn't worry about it. As for capable rig?... natural progression methinks... your inevitably gonna try UW etc. but only when you have the capabilities (if req.).

So until then... don't worry and keep jumpin' LOL ;)

[U] Mk. III
9th Feb 2001, 02:41 PM
UT will last until epic stops being involved in the community.. When Epics UT sites stop getting updated, they stop releasing Bonus Packs, And they start focusing on new games. then UT will be in trouble.

PHATBURNER
9th Feb 2001, 02:59 PM
no problem... in this case we adapt... then evolve... ;)

[U] Mk. III
9th Feb 2001, 03:24 PM
http:/www.starsiegeplayers.com/

it happend to Starsiege when Dynamix began working on Tribes 2

Now if you load up that game, there are few players.

hal
9th Feb 2001, 03:38 PM
It's something that's inevitable for all games. But some do it better than others. The games that truly have something to offer, that are just plain fun, are the ones that continue to have fan support. Look at Quake and Quake2, Unreal, and Half-Life. The newest one there is HL and it came out about 2 years ago! Plus, Unreal, UT shipped with a great map-editor that make it possible for the more talented among us to make maps that rival and exceed what originally came with the game! I wouldn't worry about it yet, ;)

rhakka
9th Feb 2001, 08:51 PM
i'll be playing until UW comes out. U2 will be cool but doesn't sound like what I'm looking for. no interest in the others... unless T2 completely blows the T1 away i won't go further than d/ling the demo for it..

Frag-nasty
9th Feb 2001, 09:10 PM
I can't imagine not playing this for a long time. I still load up Doom and play, even though the graphics are basic compared to UT, it's still fun and maybe more important, nostalgic. Now my wife is wondering how long I'm going to play, actually she wonders what I'm doing in this room with the door closed, the lights out and an occasional scream "yeah" and I don't come to bed until 2:00 am. Of course she is watching sitcom's, Survivor and Temptation Island. Yeah, I'll still be fraggin long after the successors are here.

e-j
9th Feb 2001, 09:22 PM
mmmmmm...i'll probably keep playing UT until i NWN comes out.

Grimlock|PuF
10th Feb 2001, 12:26 AM
ph33r my 133t Duke Nukem 3D skillz!!

If i can still play THAT game now, then i'm sure i'll be playing UT for a while yet. Although I may have to break out C&C soon... :D

ShadowKi][er
10th Feb 2001, 04:43 AM
I've already moved on to Counter Strike:). I do have a few rounds of 1v1 or RA but that's it really. So I really don't think I'll be playing UT by the time Tribes2,Team Fortress2,UW or U2 is out

INF3RNO
10th Feb 2001, 05:36 AM
UT never kept me from playing Unreal, and I still even load up the SP game every once in a while...