best server to find out how good or bad I am?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Kamicosmos

MP5SD Slinger of Justice!
Jan 23, 2001
Kansas City Missouri
Visit site
Hey all,

I am looking for a good server to start playing on. Way back in the day (ie like Quake 2), I got pretty pissed at online cheaters and lame servers, etc. So ever since then, even now with my cable modem, I have always run my own private servers for just me and my friends. So, now I want to return to online play against the masses! Where do alot of you play? Sounds like there are a lot of good honest players on this forum (the Puffers) and I would love to test myself against them, to see if I am as good a UT'er as I think I am. Post some of the better servers to try here, or if there are any current Planet Unreal server nights going, I'll try those as well.

Death to the llamas,
Kamicosmos

Boom

Rumpshaking Moderator
Mar 28, 2000
Visit site
Best DM server is Freebeer.

Best server for CTF filled with PuFfers and good sports, The Roost, or Blatanizer's Pukestain.

Best server for CTF, based on skill alone is swineonline. You will run into some attitude on swine, but the guys who play their have just incredible skills.

You can find any of these in your server browser, they are all advertised. Some will have [CSHP] before their name.

We usually go to the irc.enterthegame.com chat server and the #planetunreal chat channel (click on your "chat" tab in UT if you don't have a chat program). And find servers together from there.

CrazyCougar

CATatonic
Jan 5, 2001
Ottawa, Canada
Hang out in the #planetunreal IRC channel(irc.enterthegames.net)
If your looking for casual 1v1 join #pufladder(checkout the pufladder thread for the website address).

I believe that Friday nights are the best times to find a pickup game of your choice but it depends on who you run into.