Im not a N00B

but i was wondering if i can, BIND A KEY to dodge left, right,forward,back

like in quake 2 or whatever

BIND ctrl +hook

bind r +use "railgun"

??

8-4-7-2
2nd Feb 2001, 10:18 AM
I'm very pleased that UT doesn't allow one button dodging without some sophisticated programable contoller. This way it's still a skill, and not only the people with the best binding and scripting abilities use it :)

hal
2nd Feb 2001, 10:26 AM
Sorry for the dodgy answer I'm about to give, but my memory is fading fast as I am a very old man... :)

The Q has come up before and I seem to remember that it is either A) not possible or B) not practical.

I think the best thing to do is to get used to double-tapping those keys. For a long time I thought that would be a great idea, but I could never work out how it would be practical to be strafing in a fire fight...and then have to hit another key elsewhere to dodge. By then, I'd be toast!

Though it would be useful in general movement when you are carrying the flag and couldn't use the x-loc, as it is a lot faster than running....especially running down a slope.

Morety
2nd Feb 2001, 02:50 PM
If it helps at all, there is a way you can change the speed setting of the double-tap recognition.

Unless you have a separate unit (ie joystick) that you can program, you'll be out of luck.

Cappo
2nd Feb 2001, 04:25 PM
Well, after playing Quake for YEars also Halflife

The Weapons in Unreal Tournament Seen very strong

Anyone else think so??

Its really hard to play against LPB's in UT

But i guess i have to play it as much as i did Quake :P

8-4-7-2
2nd Feb 2001, 04:43 PM
Yeah, it's all practise. There are many HPB who can kick my ass.

Don't make a Q3 vs. UT thread about it, but UT's weapon's are by far more balances. Each weapons has 2 (sometimes 3) firing modes. There is a counter measure for almost everything. Learn where each weapons is used best, and you will improve :)

SilentStrike
2nd Feb 2001, 04:56 PM
It's something I wanted awhile ago. I can pretty much dodge whenever I want to now though, including sprees around maps of like 10 dodges without "double dodging". I still wouldn't really call it skill. Wow, I can hit a button twice quick and than wait about a second before I do it again... leet.