PDA

View Full Version : HeLLo!!!

Iboc-C64
1st Feb 2001, 12:00 AM
Ok gay name for a thread I know, I just Noticed that PU had put up a U2 forum, so I Joined, It doesn't look like anyone else from the Unreal Universe Forums are here yet though, I dont even know if they Know about it yet. But Im kinda wondering about the timing of this forum going up. Unreal Universe Has Had its U2 thread since June 2000, but now UU is moving for the second time, at least the forums are, the site as it seem might be down for a while maybe months. You people seem to be starting off the way we did, talking about the same stuff asking the same questions and what not, If you want a lot of answers go to the Unreal Universe forums and read the ones that you might ask while you still can, they might be lost or erased. If you wanna ask me anything then I know quite alot since the Legend Entertainment guys go to the UU forums themselves, weve had the oportunity of squeezing out small amounts of information from them. If there is anyone here from the UU forums going under a different name tell me so I will know who you are K?

Uncle Leo
1st Feb 2001, 01:29 AM
PU vs VE? hmmmm, we shall see..... we shall see.

Hellscrag
1st Feb 2001, 01:22 PM
Not here yet? 'scuse me! I've been here since it first went UBB! Low-ish post count because I stay mainly on the Unreal 1 board.

Welcome...

Uncle Leo
1st Feb 2001, 06:14 PM
Maybe *this* will be my camping ground then.
Joe and Jimbob are being silly over on the VE-UU-U2 board, but this is getting more "real" talk.
And getting more words from Sam and Mathias too...

I'll switch between both until there is a clear winner.

Hellscrag
1st Feb 2001, 06:20 PM
Do both m8 - I've been PU / UU for ages

Iboc-C64
1st Feb 2001, 07:51 PM
Hey Guys! I figured I would see somebody familiar here!

hal
1st Feb 2001, 08:59 PM
Hey, we're glad to have some new faces! Welcome to the PU Forums. Care to share any insights you may have gleaned from the tight-lipped Legend guys? :)

Uncle Leo
1st Feb 2001, 09:25 PM
The Legend guys are keeping pretty tight lipped.
Their single slipup got us those pics from the Epic Tech Demo.... and got some nastiness between Compainies and Webmasters.

What do we know....
Single Player focus.
Multiple Worlds.... strong theme changes. Don't expect to be living on Na Pali all the time (or even at all?)
Somewhere called the "Janus Lab"
A stronger Sci Fi theme, as opposed to Fantasy/Medieval stuff.
They think their new game is better structured than U1, and they are proud of whatever structure they have cooked up. (I know that's vague.... something better than walking thru 30 levels)
No Gasbags.
Possibly Sock Puppets.
Skaarj are in, of course.
Only started work AFTER Wheel of Time was finished, so that's about a year and a half of work.
Grant Roberts is a strange guy.
The Story was developed pre-UT, so maybe don't expect WarCows or Necris etc.
'borgs.

not much.
Your help in leaching info from these guys will be appreciated.

requ
31st Oct 2004, 05:45 AM
hi

dutch_gecko
31st Oct 2004, 08:16 AM
/me slaps newbie with a salmon.
edit: no offence mate.