PDA

View Full Version : Weapons

Leech
31st Jan 2001, 07:31 PM
Basically, which weapons would have to stay in for unreal to still have that classic feel? I mean, if they replaced ALL the weapons, would people riot in the streets?
What if they kept em all the same adding nothing new?
More rioting?

When i think unreal weapons, i see the flak cannon,bio rifle,the ripper and the shock rifle sticking out the most as being unique and quite nifty.
What are your thoughts about which should go and what should stay?

Bane39
31st Jan 2001, 07:40 PM
I'd say.....Shock Rifle, Eightball gun, and...razorjack should make a reappearence but not BioRifle. The Razorjack's secondary fire should be changed, the explosive disks they used in UT is ok....but it still doesn't seem right.

Other than that...some new weapons would be great.

Leech
31st Jan 2001, 07:44 PM
any sort of nifty sugestions that would be fitting in the sequel?
Any quakey just doesn't work....

hal
31st Jan 2001, 08:16 PM
Well when Legend did the Mission Pack for Unreal, they pretty much left the weapon selection intact (as I recall) and added 3 new ones, including one very cool Guided-Rocket Rocket Launcher!

They also threw in a few new multiplayer match types: Low-Grav and Marine Match. You haven't played Unreal until you've played a Marine Match....you against a Marine squad that uses tactics and have very good AI.

So, I'm just guessing when I say that we'll probably see the core weapons stay and they'll introduce a few new ones too!

RagingInferno
31st Jan 2001, 08:48 PM
The weapons from UT and unreal are great, i agree with Leech.. keep the weapons that best represent Unreal
.. like the flak cannon, the bio rifle, and the shedder
and maybe the shock rifle (but keep its 3rd mode of fire)

The thing i like best about UT and Unreal is the second mode of fire ... no weapon is complete without one
and in the chase of the shock rifle (shooting the second mode of fire with the first) and rocket launcher (load rockets into the launcher with primary fire, before releasing hold secondary and it fires in a circle instead of a line)
the third mode of fire is even better

Weapons rock, you can never get enough of 'em!!!!!

edhe
1st Feb 2001, 03:33 AM
The UT weapons are cool, but i have a couple of niggles about a few of them. Mean maybe for the next batch of games they'll fix the crappy secondary fire on the ripper/razorjack and change it to something similar to a non-stop shot that would only stop at walls (not bouncing) and maybe take a few heads off on the way, could be fun. But the rest of the weapons are fairly good, apart from the fairly useless plasma rifle, lets hope that doesn't make anpther appearance.

What would be a nice addition is halflife style tripmines....

Uncle Leo
1st Feb 2001, 03:44 AM
Don't knock the Bio-Rifle! You've gotta have one.

Hopefully weapons to suit the environment.
Skaarj or Human or Nali spells or whatever matches what is going on.

Xadhoom
1st Feb 2001, 05:59 AM
i would like U2 to have "weapons pack" i.e. One pack contains all the old weapons another for all the new packs and a third where you can chose what weapons you would like to use and maybe some more packs which mixes old and new weapons.

thats something i would like.

Nali WarCow
1st Feb 2001, 08:38 AM
What about the Redeemer in U2? :D
It could be quite useful.

ziggy181
1st Feb 2001, 10:05 AM
The redeemer would totally ruin the gameplay of U2. I hope it stays out.

odie
1st Feb 2001, 10:39 AM
How about this .......

What if we could keep all of Unreal 1 weapons AND Unreal Tournament's weapons, and maybe even throw in some new ones !!! The game "Deus Ex" has a great solution to the problem of how to manage all of these weapons. In Deus Ex, you had an inventory with a certain number of slots (kinda like Diablo or something) and you could assign the numbers any way you want to any item in your inventory. You could pick up many weapons and/or powerups and assign any ten at once to the number keys. This would solve everyone's various preference issues about weapons, and no one would have to see their favorites go bye-bye.

Hellscrag
1st Feb 2001, 02:26 PM
How about, also from Deus Ex, multiple ammo types for each gun? Like, e.g. the GEP Gun had regular rockets and also white phosphorous rockets which set fire to things :)

Leech
1st Feb 2001, 06:36 PM
well, keeping all the weapons and putting in a new one with a dues ex like system wolud be pretty cool, BUT can you imagine running onver a hill in Lavagiant ]I[, and running over a rocket launcher and frantically deciding if you want to take it with you instead of the ripper gun....And boom. Your head gets taken off.
Remember, DE was a slowish paced game for the most part with places you could stop and catch your breath alot. Try catching your breath on facing worlds sometime. it does'nt work well. And imagine cycling through all those weapons when you needed a biorifle so despertly. after you cycle through 14 weapons you decide to just shoot... "Player has killed their dumb self with a redeemer" comes over the field.
It would'nt work.

Sparax-C1-
2nd Feb 2001, 11:45 AM
Although they are fun at times, the ripper and goo could go away and I wouldnt shed any tears.

It is a new game, so Im all for a whole new set of weapons. Keep the SR and Flak and have some fresh original weapons that have really sweet skins. Make a great splash weapon to take the place of RL, have a good hitscan replacement for the minigun and maybe a futuristic sniper rifle. Throw in a couple all new weapon ideas and Ill be happy.

Just keep the shock rifle and flak and two modes of fire for every weapon.

Leech
2nd Feb 2001, 03:30 PM
well, These guns are good, but unorigenal: Chaingun, Sniper rifle, enforcer and the Rocket launcher.
And sugestions on what could replace these tried yet true relics?

Vortex
2nd Feb 2001, 05:52 PM
U can't get rid of them! Machine guns, locket raunchers etc are classics! Anyway, there's (almost) nothing like smacking a bot in the face with a well-aimed rocket (first kill I ever got in UT...sigh:)). Enforcers are a bit weedy so they could go. or at least if they were made to be capable of headshots (which I always though the6yshould be) Can't go with all that Deus Ex stuff either. That kind of system is fine for an RPG game like DX but to have to sort everything out in the middle of a mission (unless there was some sort of pre-level HQ type scenario) wouldn't really work. Also, if you NEED to pick up a weapon badly (your life depends on it) so you run over to grab it and you get that wonderful "you do not have eno=ough room in your inventory to pick up the <whatever>". Not good! Different kinds of ammo (chemicals) for the Biorifle would be neat. I could do without the Ripper though. Never use that one in UT. A sword type weapon (like the Dragon's Tooth!) wouldn't go amiss either!

yourown
2nd Feb 2001, 07:30 PM
Ok people, all the weapons in UT rock (If you know how to use them)! This INCLUDES the plasma rifle & shredder. I would like if they just added more weapons for fun & destruction. See you all on the battlefield!

ATR-SUNRISE
2nd Feb 2001, 08:09 PM
I must admit I find the shredder completley useless. There is always a better weapon to use for the situation. I would like to see more weapon combos with primary and secondary fire, or perhaps cross weapon combos. Well thats just a brain fart not to be taken seriously.

Leech
2nd Feb 2001, 09:47 PM
I know those are classic weapons....and that's why i was looking for replacement sugestions.
;)

Hellscrag
3rd Feb 2001, 03:43 AM
I stand by my different ammo types suggestion. Some1 said multiple chemicals for biorifle? Great! How about napalm? :)

Leech
3rd Feb 2001, 06:20 AM
agreed in the fact that that would kick arse.
However (hey, I like arguing any point i can, okay?), that would be a pain to code. 2 firing modes AND interchangeable ammo? @_@
yikes.
Also, You'd have to take into acount the time it takes, how much you can carry, How to work it into the bindings, yadda yadda...

However, napalm in UT2 would make my year.

Vortex
3rd Feb 2001, 08:39 AM
That was me, although my brain caved in just after and I couldn't think of any :). Has anyone ever played Gunman Chronicles? I've heard the rocket launcher in that has a lot of different firing modes. Hate to pick at leech again but you say you'd have to take into account "how much you can carry". Hold on, when in Unreal or UT have you been limited to carrying a certain amount of ammo? Seems unlikely that would change in U2. The biorifle would be better if it had a slightly longer range. Also, with the secndary fire, there shouldn't be limit to how much gunk u can load into it. So u could load up ur entire ammo and drop the biggest lump of snot the world has ever seen onto some unsuspecting m0's . Boom!

Leech
3rd Feb 2001, 04:27 PM
Well, You can only carry 50 sniper round, 250 mingun rounds, 75 (i think) GES globies and so forth.
So, would the ammo take up MORE space?
IE: 75 normal blobs in the ges biogun but only 30 napalm?
Or would all ammo be used?
IE: Shoot napalm and it uses up normal ammo.

I think the biogun doesn't need any sort of range enhancment...with the right angle, you can really get those things moving to put the hurt on.
^_^
heheh....No limit on how much you could load up?
That would be gooby (nyuk nyuk nyuk)...

Endboss:"Nrrraaargh! I squish your brain!"
Mainchar:*Blink blink* damn he's big.
*sound of biogun loading*
Endboss:"BLAAAAAARRRGH!!!!" *lumbers towards mainchar slowly and menicingly*
*Blooooooooogggg!!!*
>Endboss was slimed.
>Mainchar killed his own dumb self
>NaliOnTheOtherSideOfTheMap was slimed

;)

Vortex
4th Feb 2001, 01:50 PM
I see it now: u mean u should be able to carry less of the more powerful ammo, right? That's quite a realistic interpretation of an endboss you have there! Perhaps you should do the scripted sequences for U2 :). I haven't exactly practiced with the goo gun that much (I prefer the flak cannon myself).

Thing is, with dual ammo there's the problem of having to switch between the ammo types which could be a bit of a setback in the middle of a large battle. It could be managed though if it just happens straight away, no fancy animations or anything. I just had a thought Loading up all the ammo into the Biorifle and letting it float down the corridor. Kind of like a chemical version of the reedemer. I could see some kind of Biorifles Anonymous society being started up here. I'll have to go think about some other weapons now.

Nali WarCow
4th Feb 2001, 02:50 PM
Why not being able to carry a weight of ammo. So that the player can decide what ammo he/she collect. So that people who don't like the GesBio don't carry any sludge, instead they carry a few more rockets etc.
I don' think that it would be difficult to have different types of ammo for one weapons. It would be similar to DeusEx where you could carry several types of arrows. There was one key to cycle through the ammo types. So there could be several rockets (normal, heat, etc), sludge for the GesBio (several chemicals that maybe could be mixed).
What about pipe bombs, grenades and mines in Unreal2?

ATR-SUNRISE
4th Feb 2001, 03:13 PM
if they continued that trend in U WARS it would ruin the multiplayer experience. If you know your "****" then you always have an aproximation of how much ammo you ropponent is carrying. To have them be able to change that variable would throw off thier opponents to an unfair degree. {just my opinion}

Leech
4th Feb 2001, 03:14 PM
That could be sorta cool..but i think most monsters would be able to avoid traps pretty fast...I mean, you've seen skaarj lords run.... ;)
I think There should be a replacement for the rocket launcher.
I mean, there's one in every game....So what if unreal's is the coolest one around? ;)

The_Dudester
4th Feb 2001, 03:28 PM
I'd like to see a Persuadatron (from Syndicate) in Unreal 2 -
you shoot people (at very close range) and it makes them join your side...

Obviously some things would be more immune to it than others...

Oooo... and talking of alternate ammotypes for the BioRifle - how about glue?
That would be cool - especially if there *was* a hand to hand combat system (which is highly unlikely I know)
Yes...I have been playing Oni too much....:)

Leech
4th Feb 2001, 04:40 PM
Persuadatron!!
YEEEEESSSSSS!
That would be cool.
i love syndicate.
Glue would be sorta cool, expect the possibility still arises of gluing somone down, then have him hit you with the rockets he was loading and watching you gib.
It would rule for a team game. Glue some guy down, have a friend take off his head with a sniper round....

Uncle Leo
4th Feb 2001, 05:09 PM
Yeah, A Splat Gun would be mighty fine.
Get a direct hit and they get thrown back onto the wall, stuck like they're in a big green snotty spider web.

Leech
4th Feb 2001, 05:12 PM
heeheehee...
The only thing that would suck, is if you killed the guy who stuck you there and now you're just sitting there....
Doing nothing....waiting to die.

Uncle Leo
4th Feb 2001, 05:26 PM
Well, you can "wiggle" your way out by tapping movement keys.
Or a teammate can burn off the goop with a Flamethrower. (ouch)

Leech
4th Feb 2001, 05:52 PM
*Chuckle*
Some teamate.
;)
Maybe they could put a razerwire around a razerblade from a ripper....imagine that thing twining around poles and such....a scary sight indeed.

Uncle Leo
4th Feb 2001, 06:03 PM
Hey I like that..... A sort of double shot thing. It shoots off 2 razorjacks or metal balls with a wire between them.
Any unlucky suckers who get hit by the wire, get sliced in half.

Fire it down a corridor... Like a Rail Gun, but alot cooler.... *slice* *slice* *slice*.

Leech
4th Feb 2001, 06:07 PM
hey!
Nice plan man...
It sounds like it would just be brutal though....
i mean, OUCH!
*blam*
>Mook1 was cut in two by fri_guys razerwire
>Mook2 was cut in two by fri_guys razerwire
>Mook3 was cut in two by fri_guys razerwire
>Mook4 was cut in two by fri_guys razerwire
>Mook5 was cut in two by fri_guys razerwire
M-M-MONSTER KILL!!
>Fri_Guy was killed on the rebound.

RagingInferno
7th Feb 2001, 04:46 AM
You cant get rid of teh enforcer it is a MMAADD weapon, even though it dont say head shoot, it does more damage to the enemy and duel enforcers annihilate oppents...... that would be cool to see, the enforcer with attacments, scope / silencer / red dot / high cal. rounds (all attachments should be find and by clicking a weapon mod of fire cycles through them)

image that in story mode - zoom in and pop off bad guys heads, jump in behind some bad guys and begin assasinating them, improving that aim, or blowing big chunks outta them

Vortex
7th Feb 2001, 09:57 AM
Hehe, that glue idea is cool! If that happened you should be able to stick players together. So you glue one enemy to a wall and then start try to get the rest of them inot the same spot. Before you know it you could have your opposing team stuck together in a big a big friendly ball of glue! Just a though, mind. Hearing that razorwire idea, taht could be a cool idea for a close range weapon. A bit like a glorified wire cheese cutter :). We've made some neat ideas here. Who needs Unreal 2, we could make our own game now! ;)

Leech
8th Feb 2001, 04:11 AM
well, i AM looking to learn c+
;)

We are many
10th Feb 2001, 04:14 PM
A working poly flame thrower. When you get hit the screen would flash ornge while your character screams in pain. Hey they did it in dx why can't they do it in unreal?

Leech
10th Feb 2001, 04:24 PM
The best flame thrower is the one coming out in return to castle wolfenstien.

...Wow.
I'll look for the shot of it, But it looks just marvelous...

Vortex
10th Feb 2001, 05:15 PM
That's the one with the real volumetric flames isn't it? Sweet! That would be neat, run into a small room full off enemies and toast them all as the fire spreads round the whole room! ;)

We are many
10th Feb 2001, 06:21 PM
Burn baby burn! Now that meaning will have a real meaning!

Leech
10th Feb 2001, 07:38 PM
Hell yes.

I should really look for that pic....

Leech
10th Feb 2001, 07:44 PM
http://www.3dactionplanet.com/wolfenstein/images/image.asp?src=/wolfenstein/media/screens/newshot4-fix.jpg

Ut-Addict
10th Feb 2001, 10:19 PM
alot of what you're saying with like the same guns but different modes has already been made by Chaos Ut (a mod)

they have 3 different crossbow settings, poison, normal and explosive *drool*...

and sniping rifle, you can see the bullet fly threw the sky pegging off some innocant animals in the level.. or just mutalting the opponent with the "Basatard Sword"

if any of these ideas from these post get to the ut creators the should look into working with chaos ut for some good ideas and coding.

well i'm done for now.. cya

Leech
10th Feb 2001, 10:33 PM
I played lot of Chaos:UT and loved every bit of it....But it's more of an online game as opposed to single player type...
Imagine trying to kill a skarrj with a sword.
;)
Bad news.

Ut-Addict
10th Feb 2001, 10:42 PM
... yea i know what you mean, if it were me and i only had a sword i'll most likely chuck it at him and run...

another mod i tryed was Unreal 4 ever... it had some good ideas... i think they had a flamethrower in that mod too... same with pipe bombs and really ... REALLY overkill weapons...

primary some little speck of fire
secondary a big fireball killing anything in it's way... over kill baby!

ever notice how you never actually see a modern day UT ... it's always futuristic and medevil... except for custom made levels... i would actually like to see cities where you're the outlaw... go into a gun shop blow away the gun seller take the ammo and stop by at the bar....

ok i'm getting ahead of myself... cya

Leech
10th Feb 2001, 10:55 PM
I had a freaking blast with UT4E.
Loved the big temporal statis gun or whatever...
^_^
But originally, I was trying to get people to pick and choose which guns had the "classic feel" that U2 could'nt be without....

Ut-Addict
10th Feb 2001, 11:03 PM
they had 3 redeemer like guns... about 8 different crossbows axe, sword, a blade you stole from xena :), and some sword that makes u teleport.. funky stuff... and the howitzer was awesome...

about the multiple gun types... take the phasor... all the colours of the rainbow were in that gun,

one down fall... the guns weren't dirty... they had to much reflection and light sensitivity...

almost as though they were freshly made with out rolling in the mud.... speaking of mud.. i'll be back,
WEEEEE *splash* ...
cya
mmm worms...

Leech
10th Feb 2001, 11:05 PM
oh!
Check out infiltraion for realistic stuff...
;)
IT ro><0R$!
...or something.
;)

Ut-Addict
10th Feb 2001, 11:10 PM
i tried downloading all these files.. but got bored and deleted them cause they never downloadd right for me.. any way i play Tactical ops... that's realistic too...

you walk up the stairs to see the smoke in the lights.. no one's here, just then the terriost throws a gernade booom!!! half the team is gone muahahahahhaha no monster kill though :(:(

Leech
10th Feb 2001, 11:30 PM
Ifiltration didn't work till i re-installed ut.
I looooove the grenades in that...love em love em love em.
=)

Ut-Addict
10th Feb 2001, 11:33 PM
lets play catch first one to explode wins!!

i still like chaos ut... but i guess it's all fun and games until you run into a proxy mine... or trip over the enemies turret... oh what a mistake that was...

Ut-Addict
10th Feb 2001, 11:45 PM
i think with what they are planning we'll need either farely good 3d cards...

i downloaded the video demo of the game.. it all looks good but they are trying to put in facial expressions... which may lag up some ppl, probaly have an on off switch for it though... landscapes rock!!! new models are cool too... deffaintly getting my parents to buy this game when it comes out...

there seem to be a new stage in level desinging, by what i saw the level were amazingly well made...

they really abused the new function in the editor... (the landcapeing) there's like no flat ground at all...

42 megs was worth it.

Vortex
11th Feb 2001, 10:05 AM
Great flamethrower pic there Leech! That's what I'm talking about! ChaosUT is fun! Gotta love that huge turret (and the Vortex :) generator). I don't see swords as that good a weapon in any type of game mode really (unless their super powerful). Only ever really sue them as a last resort.

ONe thing that was interesting in UT4E was that Airblast. Spent ages just flying around with it. Great close range weapon too. They tried to cram too many weapons in later on though. We could have done without that disc from Xena. There was another weapon in it (like the nuker) that just didn't work at all. The Zapper was a work of genius though!

Infiltration is good, just hard to get used to not having a crosshair around and having to aim with the secondary fire button.

Leech
11th Feb 2001, 07:02 PM
sweet candy.

I can't wait to burn nazi's with that hunk-o-burnin' love.

I really liked the aiming system in infiltration. IT was realistic, it worked, And it was pure snazzy.
^_^

My version had NO hud witch made it really damn cool...
It was uber-realistic.
;)
or something...
heh....flamer...

Ut-Addict
11th Feb 2001, 08:16 PM
i still can't get mine to work... FSD%#$%^#$^#$%^#$^^ (<---swear words go there)

i downloaded a new mod today... Darkmagic.. man it's weird... no weapons, health armour... just spells... ooohhh sweet lavaballs... Booom MUAHAHAHAHAHA

the only thing i really liked about U4E is the way they died... the smoke pop up and they turn to a skeleton... sweetness

We are many
12th Feb 2001, 02:44 PM
U4et had great weapons like the plasma cannon (vaporizes your enemies into blue smoke) but they all seemed kinda cartoonish. Chaos ut is awesome! Cross bow with explosive arrows. Fire one of those up someones ass and they are'nt going to be around for long.

CitizenKabuto
13th Feb 2001, 11:06 PM
There should be some kind of bio-logical warfare in U2
such as maybe some anthrax or ebola or some kind of flesh eating bacteria. :D it may get you too but it'll be really tight to watch a really detailed death of your enemy's flesh falling off:D.

MaX Power
2nd Mar 2001, 11:22 AM
Anybody ever play serpentine for Unreal?

It was a realistic type weapons mod that forced you to use gun sights instead of a crosshair. It was really cool. Probably the best realistic mod I've played.

Anyway they had the funnest grenade support I've ever seen. Everything was the same as other games EXCEPT if someone was about to release a grenade (holding down the primary for distance) and got killed, you'd hear the grenade drop to the floor and then BOOOM it goes off. It was a total blast!

If they do add grenades I hope they put that feature in.

Myrmidion
2nd Mar 2001, 01:23 PM
Personally, I'd like a Harpoon launcher, that fires out an instant kill harpoon that is attached by a chain to the gun. The secondary fire reels it back in, but it could get stuck in walls.

Also, I think that weapons in general should have an upgrade, so possibly have a machine pistol as the first weapon, but have better defenses (natural, not including armour) so its still about the same.

Things like the ASMD could become true weapons of mass destruction.

:)

Warm Pudgy
3rd Mar 2001, 01:01 AM
i think u2 should have some kind of sub-machine pistol
like a zmg or a better shotgun design like make the primary fire shoot a tight radius of pellets and alt fire would make it scatter more
i think a multiplayer paintball mod would be cool too and of course there has to be mines eg: proximity remote and timed those would kick a$$:D

Beserker
4th Mar 2001, 01:11 AM
Ok, I haven't read all of this thread, mainly because I couldn't be bothered, but here's what I'd like.

Robar .50 cal sniper rifle. Takes sniping to a new level. This would have a similar effect to a railgun from QII.
Punch through 10 guys in one shot, provided they're lined up. You know, and I know, that the UT sniper rifle felt too light. Admit it. It was an M-16 with a scope, and they do not make sniper rifles.

Side by side with either Slug rounds [muhahahaha!] or 12 guage buckshot. Very good, close to medium range shotgun, use buckshot for close range and slugs for medium range.

I want a pistol with FMJ rounds. Like, puch though armor. and you can see the holes. Kingpin, as far as I know, had this, and seeing a Skaarj [assuming they're in Unreal 2] with 15 holes in his back after you've emptied a clip into him would be a nice sight. Provided he's dead. Otherwise, run. Faster.

Yeah, I like the idea of multiple ammo types. Maybe cyanide for the Goop Gun, real hand grenades that you can throw and actually do damage.

No miniguns, maybe protable rocket launchers like LAWs or something.

I might be the only one to complain about this, but I've honestly not used the pulse rifle from UT a lot mainly because the primary fire mode is too slow to kill someone at medium distances [say, 40 meters game distance] and the secondary fire has a short range.

Maybe the flak cannon, assuming it is returning too, should have a longer range, or maybe its just me.

Leech
4th Mar 2001, 04:58 AM
keep in mind, This is Unreal 2....

Not Counter-Strike 2.
;)

Zazicle
7th Mar 2001, 02:10 PM
Anyone here played Gunman Chronicles? In U2, we need to have the next-generation weapons system that Gunman uses. For those that don't know, it features programmable weapons. For example, the chemical gun has loads of modes of fire, because you can choose to have different mixtures of acids, bases and alkalis in the mixture you fire. You can have an amount from 1-5 for each type and mix-and-match amounts. This gives the system amazing depth.

Myrmidion
7th Mar 2001, 02:27 PM
What we need, is an updated version of that, so it actually works without having to shout 'break!'

imrtun
7th Mar 2001, 03:23 PM
Hi was wondering if you had heard of U4E it has every weapon you could wish for. And also you are talking about what stays in and what doesn't on U4E you can choose old and new a combination.

also I know it has nothing to do with weapons but go to
to digimask and think of what they could do if they did a whole body you could have your friend on your team or play against your worst enemy.

Team that reminds me what about a 4 way capture the flag.

I am sorry for um going off the subject a bit well cya Imrtun.
digimask.com
planetunreal.com/U4E

Myrmidion
7th Mar 2001, 04:18 PM
But yeah, U4E is imaginative, but the models for some of the weapons suck.

And it dosen't have every weapon I could hope for (Where's my orangutang gun?)

Leech
8th Mar 2001, 04:17 AM
I've got one, But i keep it locked up in case the ammo escapes.

imrtun
8th Mar 2001, 12:17 PM
Yeah I know but they could work with epic to get modles better.

The_Dudester
8th Mar 2001, 01:25 PM
Oh, and if we are still talking about U4E, well it is fun to have all those weapons...

but they are wildly unbalanced. I certainly wouldn't want to play a game with that kinda weapon balance all the time, I think it would pall in a short time.

Myrmidion
8th Mar 2001, 02:36 PM
Point....BLAMM!!!!

imrtun
8th Mar 2001, 04:25 PM
look you choose the weapon balance so it's really up to you you choose what goes out and what stays in. I just had a thought what do you think of something that can upgrade any wepon so it becomes more powerful or gets more modes of shooting thinke the wheel of the mose could choose or somthing.

WildfireX
11th Mar 2001, 11:05 AM
We need the Shock Rifle. It is THE weapon I associate with Unreal, in almost every screenshot I saw during development. A Ripper would be nice, but replace the secondary fire with a chainsaw mode that would spin the blade without launching it, so you could get up close and kill things really fast. You could also maybe cut down a tree and watch it fall on some poor unsespecting rabid psychotic Skaarj. An Eightball, but better. It wasn't that big in Unreal, and from what I've heard about U2, you play as a guy in mech-ish armour, so AKIMBO EIGHTBALLS! Basic instinctual weapons, like the basic machinegun, rocket launcher (like the one from the mission pack), a super-shotgun with the primary fire shooting one barrel at a time and secondary fire shooting both. We need that nailgun thing from the original Unreal, the Stinger or whatever. A staple-gun would be COOL, shoot a guy and if he's close enough to a wall, and the wall isn't to hard, he'd get stapled to the wall. You could also staple his arm to his body or something, but that might make the ESRB mad :). We need a weapon of mass destruction other than the Redeemer, which was just a more powerful version of Na Pali's guided rocket launcher. Maybe some kind of antimatter hypergun, so you could configure how the matter balance would work (matter/antimatter ratio, protons and $h!t, etc), or if you know nothing about physics, use preset configs. Either way, you'd blow stuff up. A railgun. The ASMD is NOT a railgun. A railgun shoots a thin red line that goes through 10 guys in a row and makes a voice say "impressive" after you kill something. A lava gun, replacing the goo gun, would be neat. You could recharge it when you saw a lava pit, and if you shot it into water you'd see it slowly disperse, killing stuff in the water. Or, a mix between a goo gun and a lava gun would be nice. Primary fire would shoot goo, secondary fire would shoot lava, and you could use both at the same time and shoot goo-lava. The Enforcer/Auto-Mag was disappointingly weedy. Give us a REAL magnum six-shooter. If Unreal 2 is set "after" unreal, maybe we'd see updated versions of the Unreal guns. Is the mech-ish armour confirmed (please say no please say no) and WTF are you playing as some sort of space-cop?! The magic of Assault mode. Let's not go there. Oh well its too late to change that no :(.

The_Dudester
11th Mar 2001, 11:34 AM
I like the idea of a configurable weapon - although not necessarily an "antimatter hypergun" ;)
Something where you can set up custom firemodes, with tradeoffs between fire-rate, accuracy, ammo consumption, range etc would be cool, although it would probably slow the game right down and make it a lot more tactical.
Something for Deus Ex 2 rather than Unreal 2 perhaps? :)

Leech
15th Mar 2001, 05:15 PM
It's hard as all hell to configure a gun to what you want when you don't know what's around the corner...
;)

hal
15th Mar 2001, 06:11 PM
From the Unreal ][ website:

You'll find some favorites from the genre in addition to new and exotic weapons that you've never seen before. Old stand-bys include a powerful rocket launcher, a combat assault rifle, a scoped sniper rifle, and a multi-mode grenade launcher that fires incendiary, fragmentation, poison gas, EMP, and stasis grenades. New weapons include a leech gun that can slow an enemy down or drain his life force, a Takkra that releases hunter/killer drones that can track down and fire on an opponent, and a fearsome psi weapon known as the MindClaw. All told there will be 15 guns, launchers, lasers, and assorted instruments of mayhem.

Looks like more military styles of weapons. That makes sense, though, given the story line.

Interestingly, only 7 weapons are named, so that leaves 8 more (since 15 are mentioned) ...unless the different grenades count as 4 more of the total. That still leaves a little room for old favorites like the ASMD.

WiLD2
15th Mar 2001, 06:36 PM
Here's a look at the concept art for the Unreal 2 sniper rifle.
Looks good to me, how'd you like to be on the receiving end of that beast?

Leech
18th Mar 2001, 08:16 AM
AHH!!!
A LEECH GUN!!
*giggles like a school girl*
I've been imortalized!!!
:D

WiLD2
18th Mar 2001, 10:42 AM
But do you slow people down so you can suck the life blood out of them?

Leech
18th Mar 2001, 04:40 PM
Nah.
Usually i shoot people in the face and come back later to lick up what came out the back.

I'm a quick lil' devil.

But now at least everyone knows what gun i'll be using all the time.

CrazyCougar
3rd Apr 2001, 02:36 PM
As much as people hate the goo gun it's just misunderstood... usually because people get upset when they get goo'ed. If it had to be changed I would give it 4 types of ammo instead of just green goo.
The first would be red lava. Getting hit by this goo would make you catch fire.
The second would be Blue goo. Not sure what this would do but ice comes to mind. It could put out red goo or create slippery surfaces. Not to mention cause some pretty nasty freeze damage(slow down the oppenent).
The third would be Yellow Goo. Just your basic acid based goo. Perhaps this goo would have eat through armour or cause damage as if the player had no armour.
The last type of goo would be green. Good old green goo.

Naturally these 4 goo's could have a team association as well but that's a whole new idea.

CrazyCougar
3rd Apr 2001, 02:59 PM
The other night I saw an episode of Andromeda where they had a very nasty whip as a weapon. Imagine taking off someone's head with a nice whipshot! Perhaps it could even be used to to climb as well. It could be shot side to side or up and down(side to side would attack, up and down would grapple and unbalance the enemy).

This could even be a built in weapon similar to the IH. Just imagine firing it at a beam. It catches and you swing forward by hitting jump. When you've reached the right trajectory you hit fire again and your flung forward at the angle you release the whip at(or by holding the fire button down and releasing to release the whip and jump).

A nice silent kill weapon or it could have a nice electric buzz sound that instills fear like a charged IH that you can hear but you don't know where your oppenent is yet.

Gir
4th Apr 2001, 03:21 AM
I know this is a bit OT, but heck

Enforcers are a bit weedy so they could go. or at least if they were made to be capable of headshots (which I always though they should be)

After playing SoF I have to disagree. Shooting off an arm or a leg of even half a face is just as satisfying as a headshot. I want the U2 models to have more hitpoints. At least as many as the SoF ones got. Instead of "headshot!" "Gibshot!" would be a nice substitute..

Warm Pudgy
5th Apr 2001, 01:44 AM
one thing that would really own is the flesh bomb rifle from u4e
you know the one when youy shoot some one a few seconds later theres a BIG ASS explosion
that one would be awsome in multiplayer

StormHammer
8th Apr 2001, 04:34 PM
I think Unreal and UT have some of the best weapons in an FPS. They've got a good balance, and a lot of them got away from the done-to-death handgun, shotgun, machine-gun, rocket launcher.

The weapons I most associate with Unreal are:

ASMD
Flak Canon
GESBioRifle
Razorjack

The secondary and combo fire modes were a welcome change in Unreal, and the trend should continue to all weapons designed for Unreal 2.

The other games that had some inventive weapons, IMO, were Half-Life and Opposing Force. The bio-weapons were just so funny, while being really useful. I mean, who can forget the Barnacle Gun or those little critters that scamper off to attack your enemies (or you, if you're not careful).

I want to see some really inventive stuff in Unreal 2. Including some more traiditonal weapons is a necessity, I guess, but I don't want to have to rely on them to get me through the game.

Check out the thread I started on the Unreal II forum, about Your Weapon Ideas. There are some really cool ideas in that thread, too. You can find it here...

http://ina-community.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=94694

Dark-Lance(MT)
8th Apr 2001, 08:41 PM
All im gonna say is:
BIG EXPLOSIONS
BIG SOUND
LARGE PISTOLS
HIGH CALIBER SNIPER RIFLE
AND ONE HELL OF A BIG DUCK ;)

Leech
9th Apr 2001, 07:30 AM
i could dig a duck.

Gir
9th Apr 2001, 03:15 PM
You'll need a shovel.

HuFlungDung
9th Apr 2001, 11:31 PM
I'd like to see a weapon of stealth called a "lethal injector". It fires very quietly (like an air pistol), perhaps with not all that great of a range. It's tiny projectile implants itself into the target without detection by the victim. About 5 to 10 seconds later BOOM, little pieces of victim and anyone nearby come raining down out of the air!

The secondary mode would be "disease mode" where you get to remotely detonate the implant and some crazy stuff happens to the victim, like he gets weak starts to drop his inventory, plus maybe infects his teammates, if there is multiplayer.

This would be counteracted by a healing wand of some sort. This game needs a medic.

Leech
10th Apr 2001, 04:14 AM
I seriously hope this is no medic.
I want Unreal 2!
Not tfc2!
augh!

B
10th Apr 2001, 06:27 AM
FLAKCANON!

+Meat+
10th Apr 2001, 03:57 PM
NO IMPACT HAMMER!!!