PDA

View Full Version : So.. will U2 be single player or multiplayer or both?

SuperD[C1]
31st Jan 2001, 07:46 AM
So... will this game be weighted more towards single player?

SkummyB|BuF
31st Jan 2001, 08:14 AM
It's looking that way, I hope so personally:)

hal
31st Jan 2001, 02:28 PM
Think Unreal with the improvements shown in the UnrealWarfare Tech demo. The game should focus on singleplayer, though, like Unreal, a multiplayer version should be included.

I'm hoping Co-op will be included. That was lots of fun in Unreal.

odie
1st Feb 2001, 12:04 PM
I wonder what the guys at Epic or Legend ... or both .... will think about this idea. What if Unreal 2 and Unreal Warfare were released AS THE SAME PRODUCT ???!!! Once I figured out that Unreal 1 can be played completely through the Unreal Tournament engine, they both became kinda the same thing for me. In other words, Unreal 1 became the "single player side" of the engine, whereas UT was the multiplayer portion. In fact, I kinda wondered why Epic didn't release an Unreal / Unreal Tournament combo pack ! It just seems like it would be logical to be able to play the single player game ( or any other future single player expansions) from the "Single Player Menu" and play CTF, Domination, etc through the "Multiplayer Menu". I realize that as far as marketing goes, 2 products may = more $$$, but considering technology alone, this idea makes sense. Otherwise, Unreal 2 will come out ... we will all love it ... we will play multiplayer a little bit ... 2 months later Epic will release Unreal Warfare ( with a few minor engine extras ) .... we will no longer play multiplayer Unreal 2 now, and we will probably play Unreal 2 SP through the Unreal Warfare engine like we do with Unreal 1 and UT now. What are your thoughts ? (thx for Shaun for some input)

Uncle Leo
1st Feb 2001, 02:36 PM
U2 will be seriously single player.
Designed to tell a story first and foremost.

Dramatic and Cinematic. "Like a 100 million dollar movie"

Mopap
7th May 2004, 09:17 AM
']So... will this game be weighted more towards single player?

That's a tuff call. It might be...then maybe later they could do an expanded online thing. I guess we'll have to sit tight and see.

Pro^Kp
7th May 2004, 09:23 AM
nice 3 year bump mopap :P

Mantik
7th May 2004, 09:55 AM
nice 3 year bump mopap :P

We have much to learn! :notworthy:

shoptroll
7th May 2004, 10:03 AM
Mantik']We have much to learn! :notworthy:

Wow. Nice thread resurrection guys.

Dead_Metal
7th May 2004, 10:53 AM
gay = geh = this

Sir_Brizz
7th May 2004, 11:25 AM
That's a tuff call. It might be...then maybe later they could do an expanded online thing. I guess we'll have to sit tight and see.
I have a clue for you.

THE GAME IS ALREADY RELEASED.

Congratulations.

Mantik
7th May 2004, 11:28 AM
I think Sir_Brizz is the one needing the "clue" around here :lol:

Bait and tackle baby, bait and tackle.

Sir_Brizz
7th May 2004, 11:35 AM
:lol:

nah I just like demoralizing people :)

[Shadow]Aksen
7th May 2004, 11:35 AM
LEVEL 24 THREAD RESSURECTION

Mantik
7th May 2004, 11:37 AM
Wow, good ups Mopap.. 24 is hard to reach I hear. Keep up the good work. Try and get that Magic Staff of +5 Flame Protection in your next upgrade, but level 25 is a hell level I hear. So prepare to be in for the long haul :/

Sir_Brizz
7th May 2004, 11:42 AM
Hey I wear AXE Phoenix...

Dead_Metal
7th May 2004, 11:47 AM
no soda or beer for brizz, no sirry - level 24 is only for the weak. WHOA u2 is out? where? is there mp for it? I SO TOTALLY WANT TO KNOW!!!!!

Sir_Brizz
7th May 2004, 11:52 AM
yes, nowhere it's abandonware you can download it from this page (http://drew.corrupt.net/bp/series1.html).

Don't beeleeve me? CLIK LEENK ADN C 4 YURSELV!

Dead_Metal
7th May 2004, 11:56 AM
right, neways.

btw, if you don't notice - I'm dancing an irish jig in the avatar. :lol:

Mopap
7th May 2004, 12:13 PM
Mantik']Wow, good ups Mopap.. 24 is hard to reach I hear. Keep up the good work. Try and get that Magic Staff of +5 Flame Protection in your next upgrade

My character class is Human Unfazed. Granted 100% immunity against flame effects.

I just like demoralizing people

Keep working on it.

Mantik
7th May 2004, 01:41 PM
I AM THE DUNGEON MASTER!!!
http://x-gen.org/pub/master.jpg

DUNGEON MASTER: "You're in a room. There is a door. The room is moist."

Mopap: "I want to open the door."

DUNGEON MASTER: *rolls dice* "You can't open the door. You're an elf and your elven saving throw versus door opening failed." *rolls dice* "Also, you took 2 damage points."

Mopap: "Wait, damage from what? Nevermind, I want to throw my flask of flaming oil and burn down the door."

DUNGEON MASTER: *rolls dice* "You throw it but miss the door because you're an elf and you can't throw." *rolls dice* "The oil burns you for 18 damage."

Mopap: "Fine, I want to cast a 'Open Door' spell."

DUNGEON MASTER: *rolls dice* "You screw up the spell and instead end up casting 'Open Sore.' The dwarf behind you suddenly shouts while dwarf goo drips out of his STD." *rolls dice* "You take 9 damage points."

Mopap: "Huh? From what? Okay, whatever, I want to give the dwarf all my gold in exchange for him opening the door."

DUNGEON MASTER: *rolls dice* "He accepts your proposal and opens the door for you."

Mopap: "Great, finally I didn't get hurt by-"

DUNGEON MASTER: *rolls dice* "You get hit in the face by the door for 12 damage points."

Mopap: "Goddammit."

DUNGEON MASTER: *rolls dice* "Inside the room is a set of chainlinked iron coif shell plate scale power armor."

Mopap: "I want to wear the armor!"

DUNGEON MASTER: "You can't because you're an elf and the only things elves can wear are those sissy green folded hats and a light cotton blend shirt that attracts enemy projectiles."

Mopap: "Wait, you never told me that-"

DUNGEON MASTER: *rolls dice* "You suffer 21 damage points of sheer embarrassment for failing to put on the armor in front of the dwarf. You have died."

Mopap: "Hold on a ****ing second here-"

DUNGEON MASTER: *rolls dice* "Your corpse takes 15 damage points."

Mopap
7th May 2004, 01:54 PM
Mantik']I AM THE DUNGEON MASTER!!!

http://www.oldhamcurtiss.com/The_Cutest_Elf_small.JPG

[here's my elf Vxzzzykxszzr!]

Two mistakes u make, rendering ur parody incomplete! Vxzzzykxszzr! has 70 hps, so could not have possibly died as early as u stated. Error numero one, Mr. Man(tik). And where no decent dungeon master(tik) would have ever erred is forgetting that Vxzzzykxszzr!'s saving throws vs opening doors are increased by wearing the hood of the lady of Dytheszerrassa!! U can take ur comedy(tik) elsewhere! Go back to beginner's 2nd edition, dopey kobold.

W0RF
7th May 2004, 02:17 PM
Anyone who thinks the XMP community is on life support, gaze upon this thread and tremble.

Bleeder
7th May 2004, 09:35 PM
OMF!

bump!

-Bleeder-