problems w/ glass

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

smally

Jan 30, 2000
Weaverville, NC USA
Visit site
I asked this earlier but never got it solved. I got a hex shaped room. In the center I have a hex shaped glass tube. In the center of the glass I want to put a crystal. Well when i build the glass everything is fine. I can see all the way thru it on both sides. Well when I do a rebuild everything appears normal until you move the view to inside the tube, then when your inside the tube the surfaces are very dark and you can't see thru to the outside. Even though when your outside you can see all the way thru to the opposite wall. since nobody will actually be inside the glass this wouldn't be a problem except when the crystal is placed inside the tube you can't see it from the outside (but you can see it inside). Does anybody understand what the hell I just said? BTW I tried making the glass tube semi-solid and that didn't seem to help.

S

Silencermvm

Ok I'm kinda guessing on this one but did you make the glass tube with a sheet? Cause your problem might be then when you made the zone portal/masked wall/invisible wall/etc. (I forget which) you may have not put it as two sided visiblity. Try remaking it with a sheet but this time set the visibility to two sided. Once again this is a wild guess but it may work.

Serpico_TC|PuF

Feb 20, 2000
Portsmouth
Visit site
I dont have the solution. But I too have the problem, just thought you'd like to know you're not alone. /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif

I just gave up and re-designed my level.

I have the same problem everytime I have to glass (transparent) textures next to each other so you can (or not as the case is) see through both of them. You know if you make them out of separet peices, leaving gaps it may work (sometimes) UnrealEd doeasn't like glass much /~unreal/ubb/html/frown.gif

If anyone knows, I'd like to know how to do it as well.

/~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif

bullet2.gif

I control the vertical and the horizontal.