Mod to listen to mp3's during game?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Mithrie

Jan 28, 2001
Visit site
Is there a good mod out there so that I can listen to my mp3's and the sound fx in Unreal tournament at the same time?

please help
thanks

kamikaze9

Apr 29, 2000
Yup :)

1. Download Winamp
2. Get together a collection of mp3s for your UT playlist
3. Click the 'Play' button in Winamp
4. Start up UT
5. Have fun!

Seriously though, no mod so far that allows mp3 in UT, although I don't think playing it through Winamp is that much of a hassle.

Pillsbury Flow Boy

The Stairway to Revvin'
Jan 22, 2001
CC,NV,USA
www.knightgames.net
Originally posted by [Ci]Skumboy|PuF
Well, some people have trouble Alt-Tabbing out of UT....

Me and my voodoo 3 :(

There is a utility that just adds the MP3 decoding to the console... but I think it screws with other stuff and CSHP might flag it as a hacked client... I don't remember where I saw it though... sorry...

Pillsbury Flow Boy

The Stairway to Revvin'
Jan 22, 2001
CC,NV,USA
www.knightgames.net
What kind of sound card do you have? I can have up to 128 (I think) sound channels at once... some older sound cards only allowed one... like I can play as many MP3's in seperate windows as I want... with all of them bieng heard... does everything cut out except the MP3?

[UJE]Crakdeala

doGlike
Sep 14, 2000
Alcatraz
oblivion.jamempire.com
Originally posted by Pillsbury Flow Boy
What kind of sound card do you have? I can have up to 128 (I think) sound channels at once... some older sound cards only allowed one... like I can play as many MP3's in seperate windows as I want... with all of them bieng heard... does everything cut out except the MP3?

I have a soundblaster 128 pci... And I cant generate more than more sound channel at a time... whatever the source. It would be nice to listen to music AND hear the incoming ICQs.....