goty version how to disable startup screen

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

simmo001

Jan 11, 2001
Visit site
Is there any way to disable this.the unreal tournament picture comes up and it stays there for ages.Tried pressing escape etc .no difference.

|H|Alarion

Neighborhood godless fragger
Mar 30, 2000
Yorktown, VA
www.rabid-wolf.com
Are you talking about the little rectangle that comes up before the game loads with the rusted metal background?
hmm... Does the GOTY edition check for the cd? If so, then this could be the problem :( Although, I thought it used a newer patch that doesn't check. That *is* odd....

Does your IDE light flicker at all, like it's trying to load? We need a tad bit more info bud :)

Xhalted1

Skilled
Dec 20, 2000
Brooklyn, NY
Visit site
You don't know what long is :)

If you think GOTY takes long to boot you should have seen how long UT took when it first came out. I use to go to the kitchen and fix a sandwitch and soda, before it finished booting :)

However, if you look in the upper right corner at the version #. It should be 436 or higher. If it's not, get the latest patch. If it is... Then that's as fast as it gets. Although there is a way to stop the intro from playing. That may save some time. But I don't know how that works of hand. Maybe someone else can help?

Angel of Dath

Insomaniac
go to : \UnrealTournament\System and find the file UnrealTournament.ini open it and edit this line:
LocalMap=CityIntro.unr
into this:
LocalMap=ut-logo-map.unr

did i mention that it takes me 4.5 seconds to load UT?
icon10.gif