Bonus Pack #4 question

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Philip150

Sir Qwaxalot
Jan 28, 2001
Visit site
I've got a very slow modem, so i can't possibly get the 12 mb bonus pack #4 off the net. But since the only thing in the pack that i want is the new models, is it possible to download JUST the new models? Does anyone know a site where i can do that?

(BoD) nepenthe

Sayee Lo
Aug 23, 2000
Denton, TX
www.nepentheisland.com
You ought to find a server running the new models and just get them that way. There's one I play on frequently called "[CSHP] Lo grav ...................."--without the quotes, just look for [CSHP] and Lo grav and go there, you'll start downloading the map and then the model and skins. I believe it's called "Skeletalskins" or something.

Hugh Jorgan

Experienced
Sep 25, 2000
Deathrow
Visit site
Sorry, I dunno if that's possible.

I typically set up to d/l big files (like the huge bonus packs & maps) before I go to work or before bedtime. You can set IE to d/l the files, close when complete and then disconnect the modem from the net. Save them to the desktop and when you get back to the 'puter they are right there for ya.

Wish I had cable/adsl, I remember seeing screenshots posted here of the first bonus pack downloading in a matter of a few seconds... made me sick.
puke.gif

HTH...

Psychic_313

non-deterministic
Wait and see

There's a plan to release the skeletal models (WarBoss and Xan II) along with some utility stuff to make model-making easier. This will probably include my fixed versions of the models, so they'll be skinnable too.

This may even be in the next official UT patch, although this hasn't been confirmed (so don't quote me on this).

As for downloading, use Download Accelerator Plus and leave it downloading in the background. Some of the maps in Bonus Pack 4 are very cool, so it's worth getting it (and all the other bonus packs for that matter) anyway. I downloaded them all on a 56k modem, it is possible :)