Zone location strings...

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Aphex

Jan 31, 2000
Manchester, UK
homepage.ntlworld.com
Hi,

I have a map with a number of zones in it, all with different location strings, but whenever I talk / hear a message from the bots, I always get the text from one zone, wherever I happen to be /~unreal/ubb/html/frown.gif AFAIK the zones do not have leaks in them.
I have just filled in the Location string field for the zones and nothing else.

Wanderer

Jul 7, 2000
Go into the Ued and change the 3D's mode from dynamic to Zone/Portal view. If you've got several distinct colors then they're zoned off properly. If not then that's the mistake.

Other then that only thing I can think of is that you'ld need Rebuild the map and then do a Paths Define to ensure it works.

Wanderer

Jul 7, 2000
Welp, what you could do is delete all the existing ZoneInfo's and replace them manually and change their LocationID's. Rebuild, Paths Define, save, and play-test.

Aphex

Jan 31, 2000
Manchester, UK
homepage.ntlworld.com
Gah! You were right (of course /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif)
There was a small zone that was leaking via one of the normal brushes, not a portal. Took me ages and lots of binary subdivision to find it!
Cheers!