System crashes due to renderer?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Fluid

Zen fascists will control you
Aug 2, 2000
Maastricht, the Netherlands
As a follow-up on my previous post...

I thought everything was well when I ran UT in OpenGL, I had everything...until today. My comp starts crashing more and more since I got this new beta renderer...anyone else have this problem?

Tetris L

Smartass
Feb 15, 2000
Germany
cleaned.beyondunreal.com
That thing is crap; get rid of it. I havn't seen a single person who got any improvements with it. Most people got a dramatic decrease in framerate and many can't run in fullscreen. I wonder if Epic tested it at all before making it public. :mad:

darklite

Apr 3, 2000
Originally posted by Cleaner
That thing is crap; get rid of it. I havn't seen a single person who got any improvements with it. Most people got a dramatic decrease in framerate and many can't run in fullscreen. I wonder if Epic tested it at all before making it public. :mad:

apparently you haven't read all 50billion threads on these dlls. :) I got a little performance increase from their new OpenGL (not D3D, I'm not sure what they were thinking with that one) dll, but its nothing major. it looks a little better to me as well, perhaps its the S3TC textures ;) the only problem I had is sometimes when I close UT it blanks the screen.. forcing me to reboot. its also about as stable aside from that, but that's nothing to write home about, my computer is unstable as hell by itself. ;)