Would I be better on a different rig?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

[UJE]Crakdeala

doGlike
Sep 14, 2000
Alcatraz
oblivion.jamempire.com
I've read numerous thread on fps, videocards and what have you. Is it really that relevant? I mean, sometimes it seems like just another excuse to give when you loose... ping being the best of course :D

I play on a AMD K2-6 450 MHz, 128 MB, 500 MB swap-file, Riva TNT videocard (16 MB) . Medium details, 640x480 resolution. Late at night, I have excellent connection (100 ms), but usually its more like 200 with some irratic loss. I don't really have problems like temporary system lockups. So, do you think I would be better on a state of the art rig?

I always thought my sniping would improve... since even offline I suck at it ;)

Crakie

KronniK_PAIN

Jan 18, 2001
Visit site
Re: faster system...

Your system should be faster than mine.

**Dell Dimension PII400 with 128MBram and TNT 16MB card**

So far, I have had no problems running at 1024x768 with the skin and world textures on high. The key is to have the latest drivers for your graphics card. The nVidia Detonator driver did wonders for my TNT. Of course having the latest DirectX Windows drivers is always good too. Happy fragging!
...jus' keep on fraggin' on...