Original UT Music

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

RFairey

King of the Faireys
Aug 2, 2000
Somewhere Else
Visit site
How can I get hold of a MOD editor so that I can write original tracks to be played as umx music in UT? Is there a way to get hold of all the samples and such used in Unreal and UT music, and use them myself??

Fuzzpilz

klkk
Jun 28, 2000
:noitacoL
1. You can get ModPlug Tracker at http://www.modplug.com
2. You can export the music by opening the UMX files in UnrealEd and clicking the export button or by opening them in ModPlug Tracker. You can then export their samples or import the samples directly, there must be some sort of "Import Samples from Module" command. I haven't experimented much with the program yet, so I can't tell you exactly.

Beaf

The Defecator
Jan 15, 2001
Montreal, Quebec
www.grassyknoll.8k.com
YEAH the link is broken I think... I've been there in the same quest you are in already...

You might wanna look into my POST (MUSIC IN UT)...

-I used a ModPlayer to transfer a .WAV file ito a .IT file.
Then, in UnrealED, in the MUSIC browser, you IMPORT the file and save it as a .UMX file, which is the format UT uses in the game.
-You then open a MAP in UnrealED and in the LEVEL PROPERTIES, under AUDIO, CLEAR the song used in that particular map and USE the highlighted in the MUSIC BROWSER.
-SAVE and PLAY the MAP.

The problem I encountered: when you import the .IT file in the MUSIC BROWSER of UnrealED, the song loops every 30 seconds or so... I cannot find a solution.:mad:

Let me know if you find any solution...

Fuzzpilz

klkk
Jun 28, 2000
:noitacoL
Your .wav problem is the way this works. It can't be solved. The programs that do this simply import the wav as an instrument and let it play once, and apparently Galaxy has a limit on pattern time. You'll need to either get real IT music or just run WinAmp or something in the background.

pepslet

Feb 7, 2000
Visit site
get a program called umxripper (sorry, dont have an url). It exports the music to several file formats, one of them being .IT