A couple of questions

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

DeaconCarr

Nov 2, 2000
Florida
Visit site
Im in the middle of making a level, but dont have the knowledge to make it the way I really want it. Could somebody help me out with the following situations?

-I've got a lake in my level. I want it to have an underwater cave leading to another cavern. I want the players to be able to exit the water in the cavern that dumps off of a ledge as a water fall. How can i make a stream that a player can swim in that turns into a waterfall?

-I also want other underwater caverns that if the players enter they will be sucked along by a strong current then dumped off of a ledge that will make them fall to their deaths :) I've seen a similar effect used in the map Hall of Giants, where players are propelled quickly along tunnels.

-I've found great spooky sounds that I would like to use in my level. How can i get them in to be used as ambient sounds. Can I make them loop? Do I have to store sounds in a special folder or what?

-If I can find out how to make the waterfall...how do I get that mist effect I've seen around other waterfalls?

I would appreciate any help I can get! Thanks a lot!

-Deacon

ChrisToth.hu

Level Designer
Oct 2, 2000
Atlantis
The evil-water:
Increase zone-velocity (Zoneinfo) in the direction you wan't the poor people to flow.

Stream-waterfall:
Simply use sheets where want the waterfall and put a stretched panning water texture on them. I mean place three or four dheets in a semi-circle next to the wall and use a water texture on it and set it's Surface proerties to V-pan and it's scaling to U:x and V:3x where x is a cool looking scale. You may need to adjust the panning speed: go into the Zoneinfo and change the value of Vpanspeed under Zonelight.

Mist:
Use Volumetric lights. Set Zoneinfo-Fogzone to true and then tinker around wit the lights' Volumebrightness Volumefog and Volumeradius values until you get the coolest FX.

Sound:
If you use Oneshot sounds as Ambientsounds they'll loop. If not then use a Specialevent with Object-PlayAmbsoundeffect and place a Timedtrigger with Timer set to 0.1 which activates the Specevent.

If you've own sounds:
Import them into UEd and save them as an uax package...
You might have problems with this part like it can't use your new package...if this happens just write a post and I'll explain what to do. (Don't wanna make this post longer)