modeling in 3dS Max - exporting problems

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Zartan

Dec 18, 2000
Atlanta
www.1smartbubba.com
I have my model made and I am using the UTexporter pluging. When I try to export my model it asks for the frame numbers. I haven't animated it yet so there are no frames. So i just tell it 1. Then I hit OK and I get 2 errors. the first one says "The mesh has no texture coords! Zeros were written!" and then the second one says,"The meshhas no material! No polygon flags set!"
Does anyone know what this means or what I might have missed doing when making my model?
I have had to combine a few tutorials on how to get this whole process done But none of them ever mention adding a material or setting texture coords.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

After I get this painful process done I plan on writing up a clear and step-by-step tutorial for making a model. It seems that most of the ones I have come across are out of date or incomplete or assume too much. And we know what happens when we assume. ;)