Help! - I'm outta sync

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

No Soup For You

I got your PM right HERE!
What does it mean when you are running away from someone, you go around the corner, and their bullets are still hitting you? This happens online which I always just assumed was lag but now I've noticed it happening fairly often offline as well.

I get the feeling that my monitor, sound card, and processor are not always on the same page, but don't know how to check if there is a problem or how to fix it if there is one.

On what I think is a related note, I can't for the life of me get good with the flack cannon. It's like I'll blast it directly at a bot and he'll turn around and do the same to me with his flak cannon - I die and he just does a taunt and runs away. WTF LAME (I can say that to bots offline :)).

I've tried spamming it (suicide), I've tried leading with it, and aiming directly at bots and I still miss most of the time. I have much better luck with secondary fire from a distance but in close with primary I suck!

What is my problem?

btw I have a 800 MHz PIII w 128 megs of RAM, an AGP Voodoo 3000, SB Live soundcard, and an Asus P3B mb

HuFlungzeDung

Nov 24, 1999
Kanada
Visit site
You may hear the sound of bullets hitting you when you take cover, but are they causing damage? Flak shrapnel is about the only stuff that will still damage after ricocheting. I use primary flak for that purpose: shooting around corners. Also, if you can get within point blank range of the bot, he won't be turning around after you pull the trigger! Otherwise, just hold down the fire and dance around him to keep ahead of his rotation. He'll go down before you do.

What bugs me about online play, is the shock combo. I'm pretty certain that the server is actually predicting my movement to the other players, considerably ahead of where I see myself. This is the only way I can deduce how some people can anticipate a combo so well: they did not anticipate so much as they were actually fed an erronous picture of where I actually am, but they get credit for it! The server prediction is biased against the hpw's in this manner. In reverse, it does not work very well, because I must be "getting set up to do a combo" for what must seem like an insane amount of time to any lpb who would watch me. Not only did I appear to him before I should have, but then, his position has to get fed to my slow connection. Then, I squeeze the first shot off (for which I could lead, no prob), and then combo that. It just takes too much time to execute it, just like firing the xlocator does.

I_B_Bangin

habitual line stepper
Aug 6, 2000
Boston, MA
I don't think it is the zero ping thing, because the same thing has been happening to me. It actually started about a month ago and usually happens when someone is shooting at me with the mini gun. One instance was on Bollwerk, someone was standing up near the thigh belt with the mini and I jumped with the jump boots and felt could hear and see the shield belt that I had being shredded away. When I landed in continued to hit me and even hit me when I rounded the corner to where the front door is. Don't know what the deal is with that, but I immediately thought of a new aimbot type thing. However until there is proof of what it is, I am not going to freak out any more than I already do in my house, when I play. And another thing, that Loque is a lame cheatin bastard! ;)

garrett

dreaming lucidly
Aug 23, 2000
well sometimes when i get the flag and run off...i'm halfway across the map and all of a sudden...i am dead inside the base where i picked up the flag......if that was happening to me what is happening to you i would say lag....since i'm a HPB