bent over people sliding everywhere..WTF

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

SamD

Hooker with a penis
Nov 1, 2000
Brooklyn
hey guys and girls :D .....

i haven't been frequenting the forums as i should lately(Real Life.. ugh). i did a quick search on this but didnt find anything like what i'm experiencing.

i'm not sure if bp4 is what's causing this.. most likely it's a sideffect with some other mutator. the problem is sometimes all players on a server would be bent over and sliding.. w/o animating at all. the flags in ctf arent animated either. i am also running the no smoke client side mutator and another client side mutator that speeds up ubrowser.

anyone else having this problem and found a fix for it?

thank you :p

SamD

Hooker with a penis
Nov 1, 2000
Brooklyn
oh yea.. i installed the s3tc textures. i'm gonna see if i can uninstall them now
THANKS!!! :) :)

:D @ Cleaner

Tetris L

Smartass
Feb 15, 2000
Germany
cleaned.beyondunreal.com
The only time I remember I saw something like this was on a server running a patch as test, that was never officially released later. It was that patch that f*cked up a lot of textures (think it was 431 or so).

Kokensu

Fire in Ma Belly!
Jan 4, 2000
Shut yo mouth!
Visit site
You can get this WITHOUT using the s3tc textures as well. I recently had this problem. People sliding around(not running), flags not moving, when people died they didn't fall down they just froze in mid are in the death frame(really annoying). It IS a texture problem. I just copied the texture directory from the CD into my texture directory and it fixed the problem. ;)

Survey_Says

Anonymous-Like
Oct 30, 2000
Chicago, IL
It's not a bug, that's the way you really look when you play the game. You just never noticed because you weren't playing in behindview. ;)

hobart_paving

May 30, 2000
Visit site
yup, s3tc texture problem. do a search on this board for "chimley" and "loki". :) copying the contents of the texture folder from the 1st cd over the folder on your hd works, but it kills the extra textures. so far i've yet to find a solution to let you use the extra textures AND not encounter this problem online.

oh, and the texture problem isn't just server-specific. it's also map-specific, i believe.