Editor No bots in the space ?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

kiku

Dec 18, 2000
New York city USA
memtek.org
Thanks guys
Both technics works
Now Let say I created a map for a friend what's gona happens
Did he needs to set up his boot preferences too ?
and What's happens on the web ?
I m trying to make a space where you have an aera safe..
Thank you again

ZodiaK

irresponsible walrus
Feb 14, 2000
onboard The Mothership
ameba.lpt.fi
this is not really related to this but didn't wanna start a thread for this...;)

what happens if you put a PlayerPawn actor (the ones people use to get their scale right) in a level and playtest? does it mess up stuff? does it do anything at all?

Fuzzpilz

klkk
Jun 28, 2000
:noitacoL
I think it won't do anything, it will just sit there. In order to do anything, player pawns have to be "possessed" (look at the UT log) by a player or a bot. Additionally, it won't be skinned right. I've done it once. It was covered in that eye texture used for cameras, non-masked.

:((JAYMZ)):

Jan 4, 2001
home.planet.nl
Never used, but tried it after your post.. and I can tell: just go ahead and insert the pawn, just remove it when you're done, rebuild, and everything's just right..

TaoPaiPai

Commisaire Van Loc
Jun 13, 2000
Matnik
Visit site
I don't know what it does in a multiplayer game (Dm,ctf ,etc...) But in single player it simply replaces the player start.
That means you start at the location of the player pawn using it's mesh and attributes(all playerstarts are ignored). so that can be very interesting for SP mappers.

To answer the original question:maybe you could do the map a single player map.