Bot pathing quirks

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

JimJiggleBalls

Feb 22, 2000
Visit site
ok, i have all my botpathing included in my lvl, but, they still have some quirks in them. so, i deleted some of the pathnode icons and reapplied the pathings. when i did that, i still notice the pathing lines still go to the area where the icon i deleted was. any help there? now here's another, when i play a bot match game, a but will just run in place at some of my playerstarts. is there anything to remedy this? i have items and botpaths next to the playerstarts...
here's one that isnt directly UT related... ok, i made the screenshot, but forgot how the hell to shrink the screenshot into 256x256! stupid MS Paint!!!

thanks

S

STC_Wacky

I could send you a tutorial about pathnodes if you like (can't remember where I got it or else I'd just tell you the site)

To shrink an object to 256x256 simple select Image->Attributes or just press Ctrl+E then type the size you want.

bullet2.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Tahoma, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><HR> Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

S

STC_Wacky

Oh, I forgot to mention.... you know that the screenshot has to be in 8bit colour right?

JimJiggleBalls

Feb 22, 2000
Visit site
i hate to tell you this, but, that attribute stuff doesnt work. it cuts the pic into a little corner, it doesnt show the whole thing! only the damned right corner! screw MS PAINT!!! arg, i hate computers sometimes... only sometimes...

JimJiggleBalls

Feb 22, 2000
Visit site
alright, the forums are being ****ty right now, i cant post, or, it just is gay.. anyway.... i know that stuff in MS Paint, but, it chops of the main part of the picture and only shows a tiny itty bitty corner, not the whole thing.

S

STC_Wacky

The only other thing that I can think of is work out what percentage 256x256 is of the full size picture then use Image-&gt;Sketch/Skew(or Ctrl+W)

bullet2.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Tahoma, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><HR> Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

[This message has been edited by STC_Wacky (edited 02-29-2000).]

JimJiggleBalls

Feb 22, 2000
Visit site
damn, this picture **** is annoying, oh well, what do you use? is there a better program like MS Paint, except... GOOD?!

where is that botpathing tut you had?

thanks

Latch

Jan 6, 2000
Visit site
It sounds like you're not doing a Paths Define after you make your changes. That would explain why your path lines don't seem to change when you move your apples around. As for gfx, stop wasting time with MS Paint and grab Paint Shop Pro from your local TUCOWS mirror or from Jasc @ www.jasc.com

JimJiggleBalls

Feb 22, 2000
Visit site
actually, i do redo "define paths" it still doesnt work, oh well, im up with that map, i dont think i can ever get the bot pathings to work. maybe i can get some help from someone? anyway... thanks for the site, i just wish it weren't a trial version... /~unreal/ubb/html/frown.gif