UT config for ICQ

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

stranglersfan

Dec 28, 2000
Merseyside
communities.msn.co.uk
Does anyone know how to set up ICQ for UT, i need the command line arguments in order to launch a 1-1 game.
Or is there any easy way to set it up to be able to do this?
Have tried several times trying to connect by giving my buddys my IP number and so on but still no joy. Have got them for Q3Arena (from a post)so how can i get them for UT? Dont tell me i am the only one who wants to play UT this way? Servers are too much,lag,lag lag jerky turkey. you know what i mean? Hope someone can help. Urgent!

Prophetus

Old Fart
Dec 4, 1999
...standing behind you...
Its been awhile, but I remember some stuff. First you have to include the unrealtournament.exe in your ICQ games/telephony section.

-Click the Menu button in the ICQ Window
-Click Preferences & Security
-Choose Preferences
-Click the Internet Telephony/Games/Chat tab

add the new exe.

-type in the UT exe name (Unreal Tounament.

-Browse your folders and configure the path of the application.

-Enter Command Line:

Click Variables and choose from among:
IP
Nickname
First Name
Last Name

I suggest you choose IP. Tells ICQ how to find your friend the fastest way possible, upon launching the application.

-click OK

To start it:

-Click on your friends name
-Select Internet Telephony/Games
-Click "Other" so you can view the list of applications already installed.
-Click UT.

-A message is displayed.
-Enter session request.
-Click Send.