Vodoo 5 freezes... :(

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Stillborn

PHEAR IS JUST ANOTHER 4 LETTER WORD...
Oct 14, 2000
Sweden
Visit site
Ok... here's my problem... I fixed something that wasn't broken...

I got a Vodoo 5 5500 for christmas and recently installed it... The graphics are incredible, BUT... it freezes! Everytime I play UT online, my view "locks up" sort of like when it laggs but I still have a framerate round 50-55...

I have no packetloss and average ping time is around 100-150...

pleaze help!!!

specs:
Pentium III 750MHz
384MB RAM
HD 56GB
Vodoo5 5500
Creative Soundblaster Live 5.1
DTT2500 Surround system

HuFlungzeDung

Nov 24, 1999
Kanada
Visit site
It is normal for the game to freeze online when players join or leave the game, if that helps. Other than that, maybe a defrag of your HD might help. Also shut down all unneccessary programs running in the background. Some "automatic update" things in task scheduler might be cutting in unbeknownst to you.
Also, try setting your netspeed to 5000 when playing online.

Stillborn

PHEAR IS JUST ANOTHER 4 LETTER WORD...
Oct 14, 2000
Sweden
Visit site
Nothing happened... Still the same ****ty results...
Nothing is overclocked either...

Hmmm... The same thing happens wether I use 3dfx or software rendering... Anyone got a clue!