netcode?? cable+ut=SUCK!! can anyone help me??

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

grav.2k

Dec 19, 1999
Visit site
i have a nice problem: i am on cable connection....the gamespy servers i play on have ping 40-90 and as soon as i enter the game, my ping goes up to 2000 (but in HL i use to play with 30-90ms on such servers). damn it!
my netspeed is 20000, i tried everything, 1000-100000. nothing helps.
but then, how the hell does it come that i played on a 50ms server with netspeed 3500 and had a ping of 60????

wtf is going on?? while my netstats show a ping of 2000, the score table shows me 90ms.
and boom, i cant look that fast, i got killed by my own enforcer....

can anyone help me or explain what is going on? or is there a site on the net where i can find info on UT online (except unreal.epicgames.com)?

Voyd-

Nov 24, 1999
Visit site
does it to this for every single server? try alot of diffrent ones and at diffrent times of the day.

[This message has been edited by Voyd (edited 12-20-1999).]

grav.2k

Dec 19, 1999
Visit site
i have. this is my netspeed, 20000 for cable.

but whatever i do, it does keep sucking. a 50ms server in gamespy has 90-110ms in-game (a friend of mine with same conn has 60ms there). this cant be! and on a personal server my ping jumps up from 40 to 1200 whenever a bot or human opponent appears.

doesnt anyone know what to do???

Cebu

Nov 29, 1999
San Antonio, Texas
Visit site
Everyone that is having problems should e-mail epic at utbugs402@epicgames.com and complain about the problems that they are
having. If they see there is a problem they will be more likely to respond.

bullet2.gif

Have I therefore become your enemy because I tell you the truth?-Galatians 4:16