UT, Enlightenent, and WebAdmin Listening Port...

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

virtros

Dec 22, 1999
orlando, FL USA
www.ghosthacked.org
hmmm. that is the problem. i've browsed my .ini file and cannot seem to find where i should change it. also. i shut down my httpd daemon and still i cannot get it to work on the default port. grrr... i'll copy those files and give this another whirl. i can get the dedicated server to start but this web admin bit is irritating. time to tinker. thanks.

v

virtros

Dec 22, 1999
orlando, FL USA
www.ghosthacked.org
Ok. So UT doesn't like Enlightenmet :-( It seems that the dedicated server works ok but i cannot use the web admin tool cause for some reason http://127.0.0.1/ServerAdmin/ doesn't work. is there another port i have to use. if so which one or where can i change it. i've poked through the UnrealTournament.ini file but didn't see it. Dying to get my dedicated up.....UT rocks!!!

Virtros

virtros

Dec 22, 1999
orlando, FL USA
www.ghosthacked.org
oh yeah as a side note....after installing ut in linux i had no UnrealTournament.ini file i had to copy one over from you win 98 box. could this be the root of the problem and if so could i get some kindly soul to e-mail me one? virtros@cfl.rr.com

thanks,
Virtros

Homer

Nov 26, 1999
Hannover, Germany
www.bluestuff.de
I'm not sure, but the prob with the web server might be it's listen port if you run the server as user (not root). You have to use a port > 1024 AFAIK (but at the moment i can't tell you where... browse your .ini file), and you have to call it on your web browser like this:
http://127.0.0.1:xxxx/ServerAdmin

For the ini file, UT creates it itself. But you have to copy Default.ini and DefUser.ini from the CD.

I hope this helps you
Cheers

Homer

Nov 26, 1999
Hannover, Germany
www.bluestuff.de
go to the [UWeb.WebServer] section and add the line

ListenPort=xxxx

if it's not there. U also have to set a admin name and pwd if you want to change the defaults (name:admin, pwd: admin). this is done in the [UTServerAdmnin.UTServerAdmin]section. here is an example how my unreal.ini looks like (this is my windows ini, as i'm running windows right now /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif):

[UWeb.WebServer]
Applications[0]=UTServerAdmin.UTServerAdmin
ApplicationPaths[0]=/ServerAdmin
Applications[1]=UTServerAdmin.UTImageServer
ApplicationPaths[1]=/images
DefaultApplication=0
bEnabled=True
ListenPort=80
MaxConnections=30
ServerName=

[UBrowser.UBrowserHTTPClient]
ProxyServerAddress=
ProxyServerPort=

[UTServerAdmin.UTServerAdmin]
AdminUsername=(...addyourname here...)
AdminPassword=(...addyourpwdhere...)
MenuPage=menu
RootPage=root
CurrentPage=current
CurrentMenuPage=current_menu
CurrentIndexPage=current_index
CurrentPlayersPage=current_players
CurrentGamePage=current_game
CurrentConsolePage=current_console
CurrentConsoleLogPage=current_console_log
CurrentConsoleSendPage=current_console_send
DefaultSendText=say
CurrentMutatorsPage=current_mutators
CurrentRestartPage=current_restart
DefaultsPage=defaults
DefaultsMenuPage=defaults_menu
DefaultsMapsPage=defaults_maps
DefaultsRulesPage=defaults_rules
DefaultsSettingsPage=defaults_settings
DefaultsBotsPage=defaults_bots
DefaultsServerPage=defaults_server
DefaultsIPPolicyPage=defaults_ippolicy
DefaultsRestartPage=defaults_restart
MessageUHTM=message.uhtm
DefaultBG=#aaaaaa
HighlightedBG=#ffffff
AdminRealm=UT Remote Admin Server

i hope this is of any use for u
cya

[This message has been edited by Homer (edited 12-22-1999).]

Homer

Nov 26, 1999
Hannover, Germany
www.bluestuff.de
oh i forgot... u need this one as well:

[Engine.GameEngine]
ServerActors=UWeb.WebServer

Also note that you dont need to kill your httpd.... but it's a BAD idea to try and make the UT web Server use port 80 ... (dont run ut /ut server as root anyway! run it as user and use a port > 1024).

bye

[This message has been edited by Homer (edited 12-22-1999).]