Uh..a slight prob...

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Xirv0

Green Wibbly Thing
Sep 13, 2000
Over there--->
Visit site
Tsup all!
I..uhh..Kinda got a problem.. I no longer have a fog-zone after re-installing UT... (in case that didnt make any sense, I can no longer select or use fog!) anyone have any ideas, as to how I may get it back?!
thanks!!

quitgrin1

Demon Like
Jul 31, 2000
Nowhere
www.geocities.com
Maybe just try to reinstall UT again. That should do the trick most times. Or check out the Advanced Options menu below rendering (in which ever mode you are) and check the ones who disable FOG for best performance (and recheck them)

Maybe the first time you played UT after the last re-install configured the game to play without fog (for best performance).

That´s it. i hope that solves your problem.

ChrisToth.hu

Level Designer
Oct 2, 2000
Atlantis
Start a game. Fire up the console. Type in Preferences (or Properties if it didn1t work :) )

You will see the adv.setting menu. Select your rendering device. Turn on Volumetric lights.

(That's fog.)

Xirv0

Green Wibbly Thing
Sep 13, 2000
Over there--->
Visit site
er..I tried all that stuff already...even before you suggested them.. :(
The fog still doesnt work ( in the editor---> cant put fog zones in) but fog still works in the game.....

ChrisToth.hu

Level Designer
Oct 2, 2000
Atlantis
If everything is correct in the setup then you could have hardware related problems. Maybe the engine has got some problem with your video card...BUT IT'S VERY unlikely. There must be something fishy in your setup. You could have missed some kind of setting...it happens to all of us all the time I guess :)

Does this problem appear in all of the levels?
If not then list some of the messy levels.

Xirv0

Green Wibbly Thing
Sep 13, 2000
Over there--->
Visit site
ok, I dont know if you guys are understanding the prob, here....thanks for all the ideas, BUT...
Where Im havin this problem is within the Editor. I cannot select, or even find the fogZone property....
hopefully that cleared things up a bit....
thanks, BaelWolF

quitgrin1

Demon Like
Jul 31, 2000
Nowhere
www.geocities.com
I think this is the answer to your prob:

-Add a zoneinfo actor to your level and a couple of lights in the place you want to see fog.

Open uo the ZoneInfo property window and do the following:
Under the ZoneInfo line, look for the line that says:
"bFogZone" and turn that to TRUE (the default is false).

Now select the lights you have placed and open up their properties. Under "Lightning" (I think that´s how is called), modificate the "VolumeBrightness", "Volume Fog" and "Volume Radius" as your map needs to. Procure to keep your "VolumeFog" number high and the "VolumeRadius" properties low, so you´ll be able to see your fog.

Now, if your problem is that you cant see the "bFogZone" property (in the ZoneInfo property menu), which is very unlikely, I suggest making a complete re-install of UT, and install the latest patch (v436). That´s it. I hope that answer helped you.

GringoLoco

Xirv0

Green Wibbly Thing
Sep 13, 2000
Over there--->
Visit site
well... Im using UT v.436, with UEd2(with latest patch) tried total reinstall but, it still does not appear on my ZoneInfo browser....oh, well...BUT! it did work, with using the lights....
thanks for the help! :)

BaelWolF

ChrisToth.hu

Level Designer
Oct 2, 2000
Atlantis
??? and big ?s

I'm sitting here and watchin that damn UEd and can't see any FogZones...

Maybe not in my version...436

Wait. I'll unpack that UEd 1.0 and check...

Fuzzpilz

klkk
Jun 28, 2000
:noitacoL
...which BaelWolF was, as I interprete him, talking about. As far as I can gather, the bFogZone property doesn't show up in his Properties.
Everybody makes at least one very stupid mistake in their life; the following question may be one: Have you looked for bFogZone or for FogZone? In the ZoneInfo's Properties, under ZoneInfo?