Proxy Server Update Post - Success

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

The_Avatar

Feb 19, 2000
Canada
Visit site
I don't know realy how I did it... I got about as much help as a kick in the arse would do, but..I connected to a game and ran it for a short time.

I am using Browsegate Proxy server..and I have 0..I do mean 0, no UDP mapping or port openings to the Unreal Tournament servers at all..nothing..and form what I was told, you do? Hmm, funny...perhaps that is on how to get a server going..but we will see, haven't got that far yet.

I am reporting client side connection to a game on the Internet. I told Browsegate to use External and Internal DNS settings.. then on the client computers I had the DNS and Gateway settings pointing to the Proxy server, which is 192.168.0.1 It worked. Now I just gotta see if I can host a game.

All you out there who are trying to get it running, this is perhaps a bit more help needed to get you going, good luck.

The_Avatar

Feb 19, 2000
Canada
Visit site
That is a possibility. Everythign seems to be working like a charm now.. I don't even need to have the proxy settings for my browser anymore. It's 'almost' like its running as a NAT, but Browsegate isn't supposed to incorprate full NAT service into the proxy until Browsegate 3, which ships in Q1 of 2001.

They said it couldn't be done, I did as you said and checked around for a Browsegate forum and the guys were saying that it cannot handle it, it doens't allow for the ports to be open. Well, it does..not sure on the security of it though..it's probably next to nothing too..I'm sure I'll find out in the future :)

But if you guys out there are looking for a good proxy program, try BrowseGate Lite, it's free, only allows 2 concurrent users, but it works. And easy to set up too.
Everything works great. Yay :)