Duel OS

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

ZenPirate

Living Legend (and moderator)
Nov 21, 2000
New York
I am really tempted to install 2 hard drives on my machine and have one running windows and the other running Linux,with a hard drive selector between them so I can boot from one without picking up the other.Has any one here done this?Just curious if there are any problems I may encounter that I'm not seeing.

NarnBatSquad

Jun 25, 2000
Visit site
I do this, and don't have many problems. Keep in mind, however, that LILO sucks major loads of ass, so you might consider using a boot disk to load linux or getting a third party program to act as your boot loader. Also, have a windows boot disk handy just in case your MBR gets over written by LILO so you can restore it.

You might consider getting Partion Magic to help you manage your partitions too. That program is a life saver, and comes with a pretty good boot loader as well.

Have fun!